The world is mourning the sudden and overwhelmingly tragic passing of the great actor and comedian Robin Williams. He brought so much laughter and energy to every role, every standup act and every moment he was ever in front of an audience.
Make no mistake, Robin Williams is irreplaceable. There will never be another one like him.
While the man is gone, his legacy on and off screen can live on, and we can cherish and remember the things he taught us, either through poignant, witty monologues or through his most memorable characters.
His life lessons, both profound and silly (sometimes remarkably both at the same time), will never be forgotten:
1. "Never pick a fight with an ugly person, they've got nothing to lose."
2. "I used to think the worst thing in life is to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."
3. "I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you."
4. "The only weapon we have is comedy."
5. "Do you think God gets stoned? I think so...look at the platypus."
6. "It felt wonderful doing it. But that's rather like urinating in brown velvet pants. It can feel wonderful, but no one will watch."
7. "Comedy is acting out optimism."
8. "What's right is what's left if you do everything else wrong."
9. "Maybe you're perfect right now. Maybe you don't wanna ruin that. I think that's a super philosophy, Will, that way you can go through your entire life without ever having to really know anybody.
10. "No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world."
11. "If you can remember the sixties, you weren't there."
12. "It's a wonderful feeling when your father becomes not a god but a man to you- when he comes down from the mountain and you see he's this man with weaknesses. And you love him as this whole being, not as a figurehead."
13. "When you have a great audience, you can just keep going and finding new things."
And finally, we can sum up our experience with Robin Williams' career and the impact it had on our childhood and beyond with this last quote:
14. "You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
You were that spark to the world. A wonderful, hilarious and ridiculous spark. And sadly, we lost it. Rest in peace, Mr. Williams.
For extensive coverage, tune in to E! News tonight at 7 and 11:30 p.m., followed by Live from E!
If you or someone you know needs help, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).