Creating another human life is hard work, and as any woman who has ever been pregnant can tell you, it takes a toll on your body.
Kim Kardashian gained 50 pounds during her pregnancy with North West, and she isn't happy with her post-baby body one year after giving birth! Initially, the 33-year-old Keeping Up With the Kardashians star was pleased with her weight loss progression. After just four months of eating well and focusing on her fitness, Kanye West's wife proudly flaunted her slim and fit physique in a super-sexy swimsuit selfie.
Since then, though, Kim admits she's slipped a little, because as she tweeted yesterday, "i think after having a baby u get so excited u lost a lot of weight then u get comfortable & eat how you used & it creeps back up."
Now, the mom of one is determined to lose 15-20 pounds by cutting carbs and doing "crazy workouts." The goal? Getting back to her pre-pre-baby body!
Kim's probably being a little too tough on herself right now, but she's definitely not the first celebrity mama to voice her weight loss concerns! Here are seven more stars who've struggled with their post-baby bodies.
1. Reese Witherspoon: The Oscar winner was modest about her weight loss after welcoming baby Tennessee in September 2012. Just four months later, she told Extra, "I don't know if I'm bouncing back. I'm slowly crawling back...You just have to be gentle and patient with yourself, and slowly get back to your health."
2. Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett: The former Girls Next Door star has reportedly been dealing with some marital issues in the wake of baby No. 2, but after son Hank Jr. was born in late 2009, she had a problem with herself. "I went through some depression after having the baby," she told In Touch (via Baby Center) in 2010. "I was just going through some things that every woman deals with afterward—like the way my body looked." She later admitted to Life & Style (via Hollywood Life), "Sometimes it's hard to face the reality of it, to look in the mirror and wish my body was the same!"
Courtesy of Michael Buckner/Getty Images
3. Beyoncé: Even Queen Bey had some grievances with her post-baby body, y'all During an interview with Oprah Winfrey on Oprah's Next Chapter, Blue Ivy's mom admitted her body didn't bounce back to its pre-baby self quite as quickly as she'd expected it to. "I did a show three months after giving birth, which was crazy," she said laughingly. "I had clearly never given birth, and I didn't know that I would gain 60 pounds—57 pounds."
4. Jessica Simpson: The fashion mogul faced some harsh criticism for her weight gain during both of her pregnancies. Both times, though, she shed those pounds sensibly and safely with the help of the Weight Watchers program (she's also the brand's spokeswoman). "I'm not a supermodel. My body is not bouncing back like a supermodel," she told Us Weekly in 2012 after welcoming daughter Maxwell. "I'm just your everyday woman who is trying to feel good and be healthy for her daughter, her fiancé and herself."
MAP / Splash News
5. Amber Rose: Wiz Khalifa's love told E! News she was "202 pounds" when she gave birth to little Sebastian "The Bash" Taylor Thomaz in February 2013. "But I'm tall, so it didn't look like it," she explained. But after welcoming baby Bash, Amber got right to work, putting in "an hour and a half a day" at the gym. "It's hard to get off baby weight. It's a different kind of weight because for nine months you stretch your stomach out and then it's hard to get that back," she said. "I'm working on it."
Jerritt Clark/Getty Images
6. Molly Sims: Even supermodels struggle sometimes! During her pregnancy with son Brooks, Molly gained 65 pounds, telling Us Weekly, "I developed a thyroid condition during my pregnancy, so I didn't realize why I was gaining so much weight. So now I'm on thyroid medicine. My thyroid kind of shut down, so that really made it very difficult in terms of the weight loss." She admitted, too, getting back on track has "been difficult, I'm not going to lie. I've had to exercise and keep a very, very rigid diet."
Charley Gallay/Getty Images for A Pea In The Pod
7. Jennifer Love Hewitt: This first-time mama didn't sugarcoat the fact that she struggled to shed those pregnancy pounds! Daughter Autumn was born in August 2012, and five months later, mom told E! News exclusively it was "hard. Really hard," to lose the baby weight. "I'm still in a lot of my pregnancy clothes and there is just where I feel good right now. Everything hasn't returned back to where I want it to be." She made it clear, though, that she wasn't trying any kind of fad diet or fitness craze to get her pre-baby figure back. "If your priorities are right, the baby's most important. You have to eat to feed your baby," she said. "And I have a girl, so I want her to see some day why her mom has good self-esteem and good body issues. It gets you down sometimes, I'm not going to lie."