The Glee star surprised (and shocked) many fans on Wednesday after it was revealed that the 27-year-old beauty tied the knot with Ryan Dorsey in a super-secret ceremony on July 19 in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico—just three months after the Rivera ended her engagement to rapper Big Sean.
"We feel truly blessed to be joined as husband and wife," the surprise newlyweds told People. "Our special day was fated and everything we could have ever asked for."
So who's the hunk who stole Naya's heart? Here are five things to know about Ryan Dorsey.
1. He's Been Friends With Naya for Years: While the couple's wedding may seem a bit out of the blue, Dorsey and Rivera have actually known each other for quite some time. The actor met the Fox star four years ago and the two have been friends ever since. They began dating after Rivera's romance with the rapper ended, and as they told People, "True love always prevails."
2. He's in the Biz: Dorsey is a fellow actor, who attended the New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts before moving to Los Angeles. The sexy stud, who orginally hails from Charleston, West Virginia, recently wrapped filming on his upcoming big-screen debut, Blood Father, in which he will star opposite Mel Gibson and William H. Macy. He has also been a guest-star on Parks and Recreation as well as Southland and is even featured in the new Lexus commercial.
3. He's a Social Media Maven: The thesp is active on both Twitter and Instagram and regularly posts behind-the-scenes shots from his current acting gigs. From selfie shots with William H. Macy to cryptic wedding pics, be sure to follow Dorsey on social media if you're dying to keep up with his every move (here's hoping for some cute shots with his new wife!).
4. He's a Mommy's Boy: In May, Dorsey took to Twitter to thank his mom for her continued support, writing, "My Mom has been unwavering in her support of me and I'm blessed to have her in my life. I'm working hard til she doesn't have to work @ all." No word yet whether Rivera received Mama Dorsey's stamp of approval, but we have a strong hunch she's already a welcome member of the family.
5. He's a Hottie With a Body: When Ryan was 27, he won the title of Cosmopolitan's West Virginia Bachelor in 2011 after being nominated by a pal. "If you are having a bad day, being with Ryan will turn your mood around," Dorsey's friend gushed. The self-proclaimed "compassionate and driven" actor also admitted that his biggest relationship fear is "breaking a girl's heart or having mine broken by her." As for why he makes a good boyfriend (and now hubby!)? "I don't snore in bed," the handsome actor quipped.