At this point, you should just expect to find weed in your fast food. It happened to a 4-year-old at Burger King. A pregnant woman claims it happened to her at McDonald's. It will probably happen to us. It will probably happen to you.
Carla McFarland of Maryland and her two children, 6 and 8 years old, made a stop at a local Sonic last week "after a trip to the library and a morning spent packing boxes" (not sure why that information is necessary, but we're just trying to paint you a picture). There, Carla claims she found "what appeared to be marijuana" in a small baggie in their French fries.
"I just kind of sat there in my car in shock," she told The Frederick News-Post. "I kept thinking, what if my kids had eaten it?" (To play devil's advocate, if Carla's kids are eating plastic baggies at all, we may have a bigger issue.)
Carla says her daughter "who had already eaten one of her own fries before [mom] told her to stop eating" was scared. "I think that's why everyone thinks it's so funny, because it's marijuana and it's going to be legalized," she says. "It could have been crack. It could have been cocaine in that little baggie."
(Which, to be fair, it could have been. There is a precedent.)
Carla called the police and contacted Sonic management. Sonic remade Carla's meal, free of charge, and tracked down the employee, who said "it must have slipped from her apron." The employee was fired. The Frederick County Sheriff's Office said no arrests have been made.
"I definitely can't say that they didn't go out of their way," Carla explains. "I honestly think they were more in shock than I was."
In summary: Everyone was shocked.