This will be the second wedding for the Cougar Town star, 50, who was married to David Arquette from 1999 to 2013. She and her ex, who just welcomed a baby boy, are the proud parents to 10-year-old daughter Coco. You also know, of course, that Courteney is real-life BFFs with Jennifer Aniston—her Friends co-star!
But what about her hubby-to-be, 37? Johnny's an interesting fella, too! Here are five things you need to know about Courteney's fiancé!
1. He's a Musician: You probably knew Johnny as a musician for Snow Patrol, but from 1999 to 2008, he was the lead singer and songwriter for the band Vega 4. He's also an accomplished producer.
2. He's From Ireland: You Irish boys are having a moment! Colin Farrell used to be the nation's poster boy, but he's got some stiff competition these days from Michael Fassbender, Jamie Dornan Jack Reynor, and yep, Courteney's man! Johnny hails from Derry, Northern Ireland, and luckily for his lady, he's still got that dreamy accent!
3. He's Got the Ex's Seal of Approval: Courteney and her ex-hubby David are still good pals (plus he's the father of her only child), so it's important he gets along with the people in her life! Fortunately, David fully approves of Johnny, calling him "amazing" and "a great guy" during his appearance on The Wendy Williams Show.
4. He's Got a Famous BFF, Too: We can't all have Jen Aniston on speed dial (although wouldn't that be nice?!), but Johnny's got a pretty good bromance with Ed Sheeran going on! Johnny has produced several tracks forTaylor Swift 's tour mate, and it was actually Ed who first introduced the multi-talented musician to his future wife!
5. He's a Sentimental Man: Sadly, Johnny's father passed away in 2011. Close family friend and fellow musician Foy Vance wrote a song, "Guiding Light," in his honor. Last year, Johnny got a lyric from the song tattooed on his arm, and so did his BFF Ed! Johnny tweeted a picture of the "Arm bandits" together, thanking Foy Vance "for the most incredible song of all time and to my mum for the [hand]writing."
Courteney, you've got yourself a keeper!