It's the end of June, so right about now you've probably gorged on your fair share of cake and joined in on the Electric Slide more times than you'd care to admit. Ah yes, true signs that wedding season is in full swing.
Even if your datebook hasn't been filled with "I do" plans we bet you've still been following the merriment via celebrities. After all, this year has already seen some of the most amazing ceremonies of all time.
Yes, mostly we mean Kimye but there have also been some pretty spectacular weddings that have gone viral recently. (And in no way do we mean the one where the bride tied her newborn baby to her wedding dress—that was just scary!).
Here's our roundup of the most amazing pop culture weddings of all time:
1. Kim Kardashian & Kayne West: Let's not act like this wasn't Hollywood's royal wedding—because it was! First the rapper and reality star threw a truly over-the-top pre-wedding dinner at the Palace of Versace and the next day the duo jetted off to Florance, Italy to officially tie the knot. Oh, and just for the record their first kiss picture was the most-liked Instagram ever.
2. Kate Middleton & Prince William/Princess Diana & Prince Charles: Now on to the real royal wedding—both of them. The British monarchy's lavish ceremonies (first in 1981 and then in 2011) captivated the entire world by bringing fairy tales to life better than Disney. Don't ask us to pick a favorite because it's a perfect tie in our hearts.
3. JK Wedding Entrance Dance: Who could forget the most viral wedding video of all time? You know the one. Where the entire wedding party dances up the aisle to Chris Brown's "Forever." It's a true gem that even got it's own parody on The Office and began the dawn of the silly YouTube nuptials. So long, Mendelssohn's wedding march!
4. Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes: Before there was Kimye there was TomCat. A romance that started in couch-jumping joy and ended in a surprising split seven years later. But before the heartbreak, the duo enjoyed a star-studded wedding in Italy in 2006 with A-list guest such as Will Smith, Jennifer Lopez and Victoria and David Beckham.
5. David & Victoria Beckham: Speaking of those two Brits, they definitely make our list. The Spice Girl and the soccer star created a royal wedding of their own—complete with red velvet thrones and a golden bridal crown—that cost nearly $1 million back in 2004.
6. The Harry Potter Wedding: Now on to nuptials without pomp and circumstance. The Internet seems to be enjoying nerdy weddings as of late. Last year a Shrek-themed ceremony went viral (green paint and all!) and last month photos of two "wizards" trading vows became a major story. We're all for this new trend as long as no one decides to have a Red Wedding theme.
7. Sean Parker's Wedding: In that same vein, the Napster creator also went with a theme—one that cost a whopping $4.5 million. The social media billionaire and Alexandra Lenas tied the knot in a Lord of the Rings-inspired celebration in Big Sur, California earlier this year. All 364 guest wore costumes, though the post-wedding bliss was slightly spoiled due to some environmental concerns (Parker provided $2.5 million in funds to restore the area afterwards).
8. Ellen DeGeneres & Portia de Rossi: The first and only same-sex couple whose ceremony landed on the cover of a major magazine, the blond partners traded vows in an intimate fête at their LA home. The duo's romantic wedding video was first shown on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, naturally, and has since racked up millions of hits views online. Just watch, we promise it will warm your heart maybe even cause some happy tears.
Think we missed one? (Brad & Jen, anyone?) Tell us your favorite pop culture wedding in the comments below!