We're officially obsessed with Sam Smith.
The 22-year-old Brit newcomer has been making waves in the music world since he released his immensely popular hit "Stay With Me." But we're not the only ones loving on Smith and his music. His debut album, In the Lonely Hour, sold over 166,000 copies, nabbing him the record for highest U.K. male artist first week debut album sales!
Here are just a few reasons on why you should be obsessed with Sam Smith too.
Jason Merritt/Getty Images
1. That Voice: There's no denying Smith has the voice of an angel. His powerful control and high falsetto notes inspire chills. Just try listening to his breakout song "Stay With Me" without feeling a little emotional inside. But "Stay With Me" isn't his only hit. We also love "Lay Me Down," "La La La" and "Latch."
2. Cover Boy: Speaking of our favorite Sam Smith songs, he also does amazing covers. He recently belted the hell out of Whitney Houston's classic pop song "How Will I Know" and changed it into a moving balled that makes us want to tear up.
Jason Merritt/Getty Images; Danny Martindale/WireImage
3. Famous Family: Believe it or not, Smith is related to another British singing sensation. Smith and Lily Allen are third cousins! Crazy right? During a radio interview, Smith admitted that the pair have never met because his family is "huge."
4. Out and Proud! We love Smith for never hiding the fact that he's gay. Smith has never been in the closet and is very secure with his sexuality. "I am comfortable with myself, and my life is amazing in that respect," he's said. "I'm very comfortable and happy with everything." Bravo, Sam!
5. Love His Locks: Lastly, Smith has the best hair! His perfectly coiffed 'do and shaved sides have become a signature of his. Gotta love a well-groomed guy!