Karen Hunter Publishing / Gallery Books
The Jenner sisters can now add novelists to their growing list of accolades!
Kendall Jenner and Kylie Jenner have penned an action-packed book hitting shelves today entitled, Rebels: City of Indra: The Story of Lex and Livia, and the summer read is page after page of kick-ass fun!
The gripping, young-adult tale is set in a futuristic, dystopian city and follows two girls as they reluctantly team up on a quest, only to discover more there's much more to their mission than they imagined.
But we won't spoil the plot twists and turns for you. Instead, we're giving you a sneak peek with the top 5 eye-openers we discovered about the E! stars from their thrilling page-turner.
1. Family and Fans Are Everything: At the outset, Kendall and Kylie express gratitude for their family and fans. First they dedicate the book to Jenner enthusiasts, "To our fans, your support means the world to us! You are the best!" And then they followed up by making sure to acknowledge their "entire BIG family for always being so supportive," with a special thank you shout-out to their parents, "Especially our Mom, the most amazing Momager EVER! You make all of our dreams come true!!!! To our Dad, for always being so encouraging. You always believe in us and taught us that with hard work anything is possible!"
2. The Jenner Sisters Believe in Girl Power: The title characters Livia and Lex are both orphans, albeit with very different upbringings. Livia lives a luxurious life, while Lex barely gets by in an orphanage where most children aren't expected to make it to the age of 12. In their respective societies they are given strict rules on how ladies are expected to conduct themselves. This provides the backdrop for their pending rebellion in which the "rebels" disobey the dictates on how girls should behave, with Livia declaring early on, "I'm breaking the rules, and I absolutely refuse to care."
3. Some Things Never Change: While we know that Mama Jenner has gotten a little facial refreshment, we're pretty sure that she's nothing like the character, the Governess. "Governess begged me to get a chest alteration before the party season. I refused again and again, and she would sigh dramatically…[she] believes in enhancements with the same intensity she believes in perfectly tied waist sashes," Livia, the privileged one, says of her guardian. But she doesn't stop there, adding "Her own face ceased changing when she began her yearly visits to the Rejuvenation Island Clinic." OK, so maybe there's a little similarity .
4. The E! Stars Are Fans of Divergent and Other Young-Adult Dystopian Novels: The City of Indra is a "self-sustaining biosphere built from the barren, scorched earth of the old world" and about "the size of the East Coast of former America." The elite class lives miles above everything on a floating island while "the unworthy and unaccomplished are left behind to fester in the chaos of Rock Bottom below." As with other books in this genre, citizens are defined by their social strata and the story culminates as Livia and Lex try to break free from the post-apocalyptic society that confines them.
5. But Wait! There's More: The Keeping Up With the Kardashians stars' foray into publishing may not be a one-time thing. Their suspenseful debut ends with a cliffhanger, indicating Lex and Livia aren't done conquering new worlds and mastering unfamiliar territory.
And neither are the Jenner sisters!
Tune-in to the season premiere of Keeping Up With the Kardashians on Sunday, June 8 at 9/8c only on E!