Drama, passion, mystery, suspense, and, of course, black hoodies.
There are multiple elements of intrigue threaded into each and every episode of Pretty Little Liars, and they all originate in one top secret place. Some of PLL's brightest stars and executive producers were invited to take part in Sundance TV's The Writers' Room and they spilled shocking secrets about Rosewood's past, present and future mysteries.
As you all know, we at E! are huge fans of the ABC Family hit, so naturally, we were on set for PLL's amAzing Writers' Room invasion. Now we're spilling five spoiler-packed items from the episode, (which airs Monday, June 2 at 11 p.m.!) that every diehard fan needs to know. Plus, we've snagged fans an exclusive sneak peek from the episode where one of the liars reveals the story behind her craziest fan reactions.
ABC FAMILY/Eric McCandless
1. Despite the rumors, Marlene King and the rest of the executive producers know for a fact the identity of "Uber A" is and they also have the endgame for the series all planned out. In fact, when planning each season, they work backward in the writer's room. They start with what they want the finale to be and then they plot it all out until they reach the premiere.
2. When The Writers' Room was filmed, (way back in February!) stars Shay Mitchell and Sasha Pieterse had not seen the final cut of season four's shocking rooftop showdown in the finale. As a result, fans will get to watch Shay and Sasha's adorably shocked reaction to watching this adrenaline-packed moment for the very first time. Their reactions are priceless!
3. Executive producer, Oliver Goldstick, reveals that despite how it may seem to all of the "shippers" out there, the writers "don't blow things up for the sake of blowing them up." In particular, Goldstick mentions the back-and-forth relationship of Paige (Lindsay Shaw) and Emily, saying that he and the writers are distraught every time that couple breaks up, but they do it for the good of the story.
4. Many of the series' most confusing mysteries will be revealed in Monday's half-hour episode. Have you ever wondered if Mona (Janel Parrish) is lying about not knowing the identity of "A"? Desperate to discover if Mrs. Dilaurentis is really dead? All those secrets and more will be answered!
5. When Writer's Room host Jim Rash asked Mitchell if she has ever had a crazed response from the fans, the 27-year-old actress is quick to reveal her story. Take a look at our exclusive sneak peek below to find out what she spills!
Catch the Pretty Little Liars edition of The Writers' Room Monday, June 2 at 11 p.m. on Sundance TV. Plus, tweet along with Marlene King and Jim Rash using the hashtag to #PLLTWR beginning at 10:30 p.m.