• Share
  • Tweet
  • Share

The only thing that could make this week worse for Sean Combs is if he got a batch of the tainted sushi at that Sports Illustrated party.

As it is, the rap impresario got a double dose of bad news this week after getting accused of battery at a post-Oscar bash in Hollywood and losing a dispute in a British courtroom over the use of his Diddy nickname in the U.K.

The Los Angeles Police Department has confirmed that a complaint was filed Monday by an unnamed male who claimed he was punched in the kisser by Combs. The incident took place around 2:30 a.m. at Hollywood's famed Roosevelt Hotel across the street from the Kodak Theater, where the Academy Awards were held earlier that evening.

"Officers took a report and the investigation is ongoing," an LAPD spokeswoman told E! Online. No further details were released.

However, TMZ identifies the alleged victim as Gerard Rechnitzer, a 27-year-old real estate broker and reports the altercation erupted over his fiancée.

According to the Website, Rechnitzer spotted Combs, accompanied by an entourage of six men, chatting up his bride-to-be. After about five minutes, Rechnitzer purportedly asked his fiancée to leave with him. At that point, Combs invited her to a party he was hosting.

Apparently seeing one of the most celebrated rappers in the world making the moves on his future missus rankled Rechnitzer, who again interrupted the conversation to extricate his companion. That is reportedly when Combs slugged the man.

TMZ reports Rechnitzer called the cops, who arrived after Diddy had already departed, and filled out the report. Rechnitzer was not seriously injured and refused medical treatment from an onsite ambulance.

Combs' publicist, Meghan Prophet, could not be reached for comment. But the hip-hop mogul however has bigger things to worry about than simple battery.

London's High Court issued a decision Wednesday that could affect Combs' ever-growing business empire in Great Britain. The ruling found that Combs had broken an agreement with record producer Richard "Diddy" Dearlove, who sued the entertainer last July claiming ownership of the "Diddy" moniker in the U.K.

In a written opinion, Justice David Kitchin took issue with the cut "The Future" off Combs' latest disc, Press Play. Kitchin said the lyric ""mainline this new Diddy heroin" promoted the contested nickname.

Combs' London attorney said the rapper would change the lyrics when he performs the track in Britain.

Dearlove, who also received a $20,000 payout from Combs as part of last year's deal, said his name nemesis was additionally in breach because of MySpace and YouTube pages viewable by millions of international fans, including Web surfers in Britain.

The rap star previously modified his official Website, diddy.com, so that it automatically redirects Brit-based surfers to a page that does not use the nickname. But Dearlove's attorney, Iain Purvis, said Combs' camp did not make similar changes to his MySpace profile and YouTube pages, both of which feature content not controlled by the rapper. (Combs' MySpace page does have a large banner of the Union Jack across the top reading "U.K. Users Must Click Here" which takes them to an alternate profile at myspace.com/pdiddy).

Kitchin could have imposed tough measures on Combs, such as requiring him to drop the moniker or bar him from using the Diddy name on the popular sites. But the judge refused to do so after acknowledging those pages were maintained by Combs' record companies and fans, neither of which are required to abide by the deal struck between the two Diddys.