Shortly after Dean's release from rehab, the couple announced that they were going to star in a docu-series titled True Tori on Lifetime, which followed the duo's journey through dealing with McDermott's infidelity after he openly confessed to sleeping with a younger woman while in Canada for his job as the host of Chopped Canada.
And as you may have imagined, the process hasn't been pretty.
Here are some of the most shocking moments from Tori and Dean's show True Tori...
• "We would have sex once every two weeks," the Chopped Canada host argued. "It wasn't fantastic."
• Tori broke down in tears, saying, "I can never give him enough sex. He's never going to be happy with just me."
• "I didn't think that I would get caught," Dean admitted. "I was drinking and using drugs, man."
• "I have a brain that wants to kill me," McDermott said.
• "Honestly, I've already shut down because I just feel like I want to protect him. I feel bad," Tori told Dr. Wexler. "I see his face and I feel how anxious he is. I can't express myself because it's gonna make him worse."
• "I feel shame. I have never felt shame before," he said. "You were at a Christmas event and I was f---ing around. That's disgusting. That's disgusting."
• When one of their fights quickly escalates before Tori begins crying and yells, "Keep your voice down. Talk to me like a human and stop shouting at me. Talk to me…I don't want to have to feel scared and like I have to bark at you and stand on my tippy toes and be as big as you to be heard. Hear me."
• "Usually before I go away, we're intimate," he said, "and we hadn't been for a bit leading up to it...I was feeling like, 'You're not going to be intimate with me, then I'll find someone who wants me.'"
• He continued to say he "was 250 pounds...felt like s--t, looked like s--t...and needed some validation." Tori wasn't about the let the father of her four children get off easy. "You are making this up to make yourself look better," she snarls, "and it's pissing me off!"
• Dean exclaimed, "I don't think I wanna be in this marriage anymore."