George Clooney, Mr. Hollywood Bachelor himself, is engaged and set to walk down the aisle with his girlfriend of seven months Amal Alamuddin. Is it just us, or does the air smell faintly of bacon? It must be those pigs flying around in the air. Free bacon, everyone!
Seriously, this is a celeb engagement story we never thought we'd be writing about. In fact, here is everything we thought would happen before we'd be reading headlines about George Clooney's second marriage:
1. Leonardo DiCaprio winning an Oscar.
2. A DC Comics-Marvel crossover movie.
3. Someone on Game of Thrones saying "Winter is coming" and then winter actually arriving.
4. The Internet forgetting about cats.
6. The ABC cross-dressing sitcom Work It getting a reboot.
7. People being "totally over" using GIFs on the Internet.
8. Jennifer Aniston getting married again.
9. No one tweeting about Scandal on a Thursday night.
11. Shia LaBeouf signing on for another three Transformers movies.
12. Justin Bieber getting his act together.
16. Blackberry smartphones making a comeback and outselling iPhones.
17. Food coming to a dinner table and no one Instagramming it with the hashtag #foodporn.
19. American Idol finally ending.
BBNAM (Bring back Nicki and Mariah).
20. Michael Bay not using a single explosion in one of his movies.
21. Someone saying, "I think Zac Efron should stop being naked and/or shirtless."
22. A movie being greenlit based on the Internet quiz "Which Swiss Cheese Hole Are You?"
23. Hell freezing over.
But it happened! And we are so happy for them. Congrats, you two crazy kids!