Eric Hill lived life to the fullest in every way possible.
The Bachelorette contestant died today from injuries he suffered after a serious paragliding accident on Sunday, and while the tragic news is absolutely heartbreaking, it also introduced the world to a man who was not only a beautiful person inside and out, but an inspiration to many.
Hill, who will appear on this season of The Bachelorette vying for the affection of Andi Dorfman, was a world traveler and philanthropist.
But there's more to this 32-year-old man who had a heart of gold and passion for exploring...
1. He Comes From a Big Family: Hill is one of five brothers and sisters and grew up in a close-knit family who loves to explore. According to Wetpaint, it was his older sister, Karen Tracy, who shared the news of Eric's passing via her Facebook page.
2. He Was on a Mission: The biology graduate made it his purpose to travel to all 195 United Nations-recognized countries in world record time (1200 days). Hill started The Global Odyssey, also known as GO with Eric, in February 2013 and has found his way to well over 50 countries in his first year of traveling. The goal for the project was to know each country's culture on a personal level and to find the beauty this world has to offer.
3. He Caught Andi Dorfman's Eye: Hill took time off of his excursions to become a contestant on this season of The Bachelorette in hopes of winning Dorfman's heart. And E! News learned from a source that Hill was Dorfman's first one-on-one date on the show. "Andi seemed excited and relaxed for the date, however, her date seemed very nervous," a source told us at the time. "He started to get more relaxed once they were settled."
Hill was eliminated at some point of the show and was not filming during the accident. The Bachelorette premieres on May 19.
4. He Left a Mark: Those who met Eric Hill were inspired by him. "He lived more in 32 years than most people do in 100," former Bachelorette contestant Brooks Forester told E! News. "He was always on an adventure, always looking to build memories and meet new friends along the way. I'll miss having the opportunity to go on those adventures with him."
5. Eric's Loved Ones Want His Legacy to Continue: His supporters posted a message on the expedition's Facebook page Wednesday, urging people to "#BeLikeEric" by pursuing their dreams.
"Eric leaves behind a legacy. He leaves inspiration. When he wanted something, he went and got it. He opened his mouth and made things happen. The reason his journey was so successful was because he had the courage to ask, and the guts to try! Eric took very calculated risks, he was never reckless.
"At this time, we know that Eric is not resting in peace. In fact, I never saw him rest once. Not even on the top of Kilimanjaro! It wasn't his style! Whereever he is now, and whatever he's doing, he's doing it big! So the legacy he leaves behind? #LIVElikeEric
"That bucket list? Start marking things off. Open your mouth. Learn about someone else. When you mark things off, move on to the next. People said Eric was 'lucky' that he got to do the things he did. The truth is that Eric was determined. He made a plan made it happen! What are you waiting for?
"Here's a toast to a man we all envy, and who teaches us what life is REALLY about! Go forth, you beautiful person, and LIVE LIKE ERIC!"