Today is the most miserable day of the year for anyone in their, at least, early to mid 20s. Maybe some people in their 30s too, we don't know what your deal is. Today is Tax Day.
This is what doing your taxes is like if you're in your 20s...
1. You have all your papers in order. You're ready. This isn't going to be like last year.
5. Procrast—IT'S APRIL 14? WHEN ARE THEY DUE AGAIN?
6. Blind panic. You download TurboTax.
7. Enter your social. Oh dope, it pulls up all your info from last year. This will be easy.
8. Wait, what's a 1099-T?
9. What's a 1099-G?
10. Your retirement plan? Your 401(k)?
11. Car registration? Student loans? What the hell is a False Imprisonment Credit? WHY DID NO ONE SAY YOU NEEDED THESE DOCUMENTS?
12.At least you have your W-2...? Speaking of: Box 1? Box D? Side 2? Uh...?
13. Did you donate any money to charity last year?
14. You may have signed a petition once. That counts.
A million hours later...
15. Whoa. That's how much you get back? MAKE IT RAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN!
16. Click, click. You have to fill something out for state taxes TOO?
And a million more hours later...
17. Relief. Next year, you finally will hire that financial advisor.
18. Now, does McDonald's still have cheap cheeseburgers on Tax Day?