It's April 1st, and you know what the means…it's the first of the month!
Oh, yeah. It's also the Internet's favorite holiday. Everyone from Google to LinkedIn is pulling some kind of April Fools' prank. But instead of covering all the shenanigans (there's too many and we won't stand for it), we thought we'd talk about things in pop culture we wish were April Fools' jokes. You know, all those stories you read and then you think: "That can't be real. This is just a really elaborate prank. It has to be!"
But unfortunately, these are all real. They are all very real. Here's our list of events we wish were just really intense and dragged-out April Fools' jokes:
1. Happy Endings' cancellation
2. Nicki Minaj's clothing line for Kmart
3. Gwyneth and Chris' uncoupling (or just the use of the phrase "conscious uncoupling")
4. The How I Met Your Mother finale
5. Flappy Bird
6. Internet commenters who just type "first!"
7. Internet commenters in general (the mean, dumb ones)
15. The months and months and months between new Sherlock seasons
16. The past year of Shia LaBeouf's life
17. Joey and Rachel getting together on Friends
18. The ending of Allegiant
19. Will Arnett and Amy Poehler's divorce
20. Google Glass
21. Charlie Sheen's Anger Management
29. People who don't understand why cats/kittens are so adorable
30. Bacon-scented perfume (leave bacon alone!)
31. Zac Efron ever wearing a shirt
32. Oreo flavors that are anything but original or Double Stuf
33. The Golden Compass
34. Chipotle possibly dropping guacamole off the menu
35. Huck and Quinn hooking up on Scandal
37. Vegan Girl Scout cookies
39. Tom Hanks' Oscar snub
40. TV shows that started as Twitter accounts
41. April Fools' jokes
Your turn! What did we miss?