Some couples simply exchange gifts to show their appreciation for one another, while others seek out a more permanent way to cement their relationship status.
And what's more permanent than a tattoo to prove your everlasting love for your significant other?
Big Bang Theory star Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting is the latest star to get inked in the name of love, debuting a fresh design of her wedding date—December 31, 2013—on her upper back in Roman numerals over the weekend.
But she's hardly the first star to head to the tattoo parlor after being struck by cupid's arrow. A number of celebs, as well as their significant others, have all opted to get a tattoo to celebrate their love for each other.
And while some of the relationships may have ended, their tattoos will undoubtedly last forever (unless you go for some laser). Here are six celebs and their significant others who got inked in the name of love.
1. Johnny Depp and Winona Ryder: Technically, only one half of this couple got inked, but Depp's infamous tattoo dedicated to his former flame is simply too good not to include. The heartthrob famously tattooed "Winona Forever" on his right bicep when the pair dated from 1989 to mid-1993. And since their romance didn't last, Depp found something that did: his love of wine. He changed the ink to "Wino Forever" and (sort of) rid himself of the tat. Lesson learned.
2. Victoria and David Beckham: These two have more tats than we can handle, but just take one look at Beckham's hot bod, and you can tell he's a family man. Not only does the former soccer stud have tattoos of his children's names, but he also has a tattoo of his wife's moniker penned in cursive on his right hand. Likewise, the fashion designer also has two tattoos dedicated to her longtime hubby, including his initials on the inside of her left wrist.
3. Eva Longoria and Tony Parker: Unfortunately, tattoos didn't equal wedded bliss for these two, who split in November 2010. But at one time, they were happy as ever, causing Eva to ink the back of her neck with Parker's jersey number "Nine." The former Desperate Housewives star opted for laser treatments to remove the tat, which was part of three Parker-celebrating tattoos that Longoria began to have removed back in January 2012. The other two were the couple's wedding date on her wrist and Parker's initials, which were placed somewhere private and not for public viewing.
4. Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon: The TV host has never been shy when it comes to showing off his love for his wife, as evidenced by the massive "Mariah" tattoo inked in cursive on his back. Similarly, Mimi also boasts her admiration for her man on her bod, with a butterfly tattoo which reads "Mrs. Cannon" next to her booty.
5. Angelina Jolie and Billy Bob Thornton: The 38-year-old mother of six sports a number of various tattoos, but it seems she made a rare lapse in body ink judgment after she said I-do to Billy Bob Thornton back in 2000. After the pair divorced in 2002, Jolie had her "Billy Bob" tattoo on her upper arm removed, and in its place are the coordinates of each location where her children with beau Brad Pitt were born.
6. Ciara and Future: Not only does the pregnant singer have a 15-carat diamond engagement bling, but she also has a tattoo of her fiancé's initials on her ring finger. The two got matching tattoos in the spring before the rapper popped the question in October. Ciara most recently celebrated her baby shower over the weekend, where she stunned in a Naeem Khan lace-embroidered caftan with pals Kim Kardashian and LaLa Anthony.