Yes, we're definitely still reeling from the shocking death that took place on Sunday night's The Good Wife.
After all, nobody, and we mean nobody, saw that coming!
And while we won't give anything away here—you know, in case some of you haven't gotten around to watching the episode just yet—we will say that it definitely got us thinking about other moments in pop culture (not just TV) that totally took everyone by surprise.
Here now are five recent things that completely blindsided us.
Naturally, there's a whole lot more where these came from, so please feel free to add your picks in the comments!
Photographed by Annie Leibovitz
1. Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cover Vogue: You would think that word would have easily made its way out that such a high-profile couple were about to take center stage on the equally high-profile magazine's latest issue. But alas, everybody was totally taken by surprise when the cover was unveiled last Friday. A source tells E! News that the Keeping Up With the Kardashians star "kept this really close to the vest," adding, "She didn't tell anyone it was coming. Everyone found out with the rest of the world. But everyone's really excited for her."
Kevin Winter, Michael Buckner/Getty Images
2. Kerry Washington Marries Football Player Nnamdi Asomugha: Not exactly a Scandal, but it certainly shocked many when the actress and the San Francisco 49ers cornerback tied the knot in June 2013 because...who even knew they were a couple?! Well, according to sports gossip site TerezOwens.com, which was first to get wind of the happy news, Washington and Asomugha had been dating since the previous summer. Meanwhile, four months after getting secretly married, a source confirmed to E! News that Washington is expecting her first child.
Nathaniel E. Bell/Netflix
3. That Time They Killed Off a Certain Character on House of Cards [Spoiler Alert]: Of course, we're referring to the first episode of the show's second season when Frank (Kevin Spacey) pushed Zoe (Kate Mara) off a train platform. "I can't really believe it happened either," the actress said during an appearance on Live With Kelly and Michael. "It's hard, I had to be really creative with people asking me how things were going on the show...but my family members didn't even really know. They were swearing at me."
4. Wait. Laura Linney Was Pregnant?! Yep. The Big C star and husband Marc Schauer welcomed son Bennett Armistead in January, after keeping the entire pregnancy a secret. Very impressive!
5. Beyoncé's New Album: While many artists usually spend months promoting their upcoming releases, Queen Bey decided to go against the grain last December and simply dropped her fifth studio album exclusively on iTunes without anyone having the slightest idea that it was coming. And clearly the stealth debut worked. After all, a whopping 80,000 copies of the album sold in the first three hours alone. Bow down, indeed!