For the past eight years, Twitter has served as a digital playground for celebs and fans to express themselves in 140 characters or less.
But along with the mundane status updates came the extra-juicy Twitter feuds, and a number of big name celebs have participated in a little Internet battle with one another (that we guiltily enjoyed behind the safety of our computer screens).
So in honor of the social media website's 8th birthday, we've rounded up the top eight Twitter wars over the years—and trust, it was no easy task.
1. Lady Gaga vs. a Lot of People: Mother Monster may promote peace and love, but she's not innocent when it comes to a typing battle over the web. Gaga has gotten into it with former bestie Perez Hilton and Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine and (to name a few).
2. Chris Brown vs. Even More People: Anyone who follows Breezy on Twitter knows that there was a time when it seemed like the singer would pop off on someone new each day. Many of Brown's Twitter battles sparked from celebs recalling the assault between the singer and ex-girlfriend Rihanna, and that quickly got Chris' fingers typing with purpose. The list on the receiving-end of his shouty capitals and exclamation points include Raz, Wendy Williams, Frank Ocean and Jenny Johnson.
3. Amanda Bynes vs. Everyone: You knew the former child star would make this list, obviously. The celeb became known for her "ugly" Internet rants that picked at practically every A-lister on the planet. From Jay Z, RiRi and Jenny McCarthy to Chrissy Teigen, Drake and Miley Cyrus, no one was an exception to Bynes' Twitter wrath.
4. Kanye West vs. Jimmy Kimmel: Those who experienced this Twitter war were very skeptical. Kimmel is the prank champion, so many believed that his blowout with Yeezy was fake, but it turned out to be very real. 'Ye sicced his shouty capitals at the late-night host after Kimmel aired a spoof of Kanye's interview with BBC Radio 1. Somehow, leather jogging pants even got involved. But luckily, the two made up shortly afterward.
5. Charlie Sheen vs. Brooke Mueller: Let's be real, there were a lot of people targeted by Sheen on Twitter, but it seems that his ex-wife suffered from it the most. The actor took to Twitter on multiple occasions to slam Mueller, who tried and failed to secure a temporary restraining order against him this week after his public disses took a turn for the disturbing in her eyes.
6. Miley Cyrus vs. Sinéad O'Connor: The singing pair went back and forth after the Irish singer wrote an open letter to Cyrus warning her of her oversexualized image. That led to Miley slamming O'Connor on Twitter on more than one occasion. Ultimately, the "Nothing Compares 2 U" crooner penned a fourth letter to the 20-year-old pop star, in which she blasted Cyrus for "stigmatizing mental illness" and implored the "We Can't Stop" singer to apologize for her actions.
7. Brandi Glanville vs. LeAnn Rimes & Eddie Cibrian: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star and her ex-hubby's wife seem to always be going at it on Twitter over something for what seems like forever. However, Glanville has seemingly laid the ongoing feud to rest and even admitted in her new book that she became obsessive on Twitter.
"When I first discovered the benefits of technology and social media, I used it to obsess about my husband, his future wife and our children throughout our breakup and divorce," the Bravo beauty candidly writes.
8. The Wanted vs. One Direction: It was a battle of the boy bands! One Direction's Louis Tomlinson took to Twitter after hearing The Wanted's Jay McGuiness say in an interview, "I think [Styles] has retained manners and a bit of dignity, [but] some of them when they mouth off, it really gets under my skin."