Elisabeth Moss certainly didn't pull any punches while talking to New York magazine about her marriage to Fred Armisen, whom the Mad Men star subsquently filed for divorce from in 2010 after a year of matrimony.
"It was extremely traumatic and awful and horrible," the 31-year-old actress told the magazine, adding, "I'm glad that I'm not there. I'm glad that it didn't happen when I was 50. I'm glad I didn't have kids. And I got that out of the way. Hopefully."
Her words got us thinking about some other couples in which exes offered up a few choice words when it came to their onetime significant others.
1. Jennifer Aniston on Brad Pitt: "There's a sensitivity chip that's missing," Aniston said of her ex-husband back in 2005 when he appeared in a 1960s-inspired fashion spread in W magazine that showed Pitt posing with Angelina Jolie as a married couple with kids.
2. Miley Cyrus on Liam Hemsworth: Shortly after they ended their engagement last September, the "Wrecking Ball" singer told Barbara Walters that while she did love the Hunger Games actor, now that she's single, she can "actually be happy." Cyrus also took a bit of a dig at Hemsworth during a recent Bangerz tour show. When her "prom date" bent down on his knee to present the pop star with a corsage, she quipped, "I was in this position once before, and it didn't work out too well the last time a guy got on one knee for me. Hopefully this will be better."
3. Nicole Kidman on Tom Cruise: When the subject of her divorce came up during an appearance on David Letterman's late-night show in 2001, the Oscar winner didn't hesitate to poke fun at her ex's height. "I can wear heels now," she joked.
4. Taylor Swift on Joe Jonas: While appearing on The Ellen DeGeneres Show in 2008, the "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" singer talked about how Jonas famously dumped her by way of a super-quick call. "He broke up with you on the phone? That's not right," Ellen DeGeneres remarked, to which Swift replied, "It's all right—I'm cool. You know what? It's like, when I find that person that is right for me, he'll be wonderful. When I look at that person, I'm not even going to remember the boy who broke up with me over the phone in 27 seconds when I was 18."
5. Katy Perry on Russell Brand: During a speaking engagement in April 2013, the "Roar" singer briefly touched on her marriage and 2011 divorce from the comedian, likening the relationship to a not-so-giant elephant in the room. "It's a very tiny elephant," she reportedly said. "It's like a little tchotchke now."