A trailer for Michael Fassbender's new movie Frank that premiered at Sundance has been released, and it looks quirky and funny and silly, and it comes from the folks behind The Men Who Stare at Goats and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. And look, Maggie Gyllenhaal is there, too!
You want to know what's not there? Michael Fassbender's face.
Yes, the entire premise of Frank revolves around Fassbender's character and how he's always wearing a giant paper-mâché head, and we assume that at some point in the movie we'll see Fassy's face. And we're not saying that he can only act when his face is shown on the screen. He's probably awesome in Frank, just like he's awesome in all his other movies.
But no. Nope. We do not accept this film due to lack of Fassbender face. This should be illegal.
Do you need reasons? Well, what do you know! We have 19 of them:
1. His face in this photo.
2. His face in this photo.
3. His face in these sunglasses.
4. His face in this photo.
5. His face that manages to take focus away from the ethereal Cate Blanchett.
6. His face on this magazine cover.
7. His face in this photo (even though his eyes are covered up).
8. His face in this photo.
9. His face with his ginger beard.
10. His face with his shark smile. #Sharkbender
11. His face on this magazine cover.
12. His Oscar-nominated face.
13. His face with blonde hair.
14. His Magneto face.
15. His face in this photo.
16. His face...with added mustache.
17. His intense, metal-bending face.
18. His face in this photo, even though it's quite derpy.
19. His face in this photo.
Free Fassy's face! Next week's lesson: why Michael Fassbender should never wear pants in movies.