In this case, it's not just a bad case of FOMO (fear of missing out). If you're not in Brazil, you are missing out: The annual Carnival celebration kicked off on Friday and the party ends tomorrow.
Hundreds of thousands of tourists flocked to Rio and São Paulo this year, as per every year, to take part in the roving street parties (called Carnival blocos). Also like every other year, everything is extravagant: The bigger, the better. The glitzier, the better. And it better be sexy. Or else, why bother?
Here are 10 (11 counting the above) pictures that will only make your Carnival FOMO even worse. WARNING: They are potentially NSFW, because at Carnival, if you got it, you are flaunting it.
1. You could have experienced Queen of drums Aline Oliveira's costume live, in person.
2. Or any number of literally countless other revelers' amazing, glittery, crazy costumes.
Looking good, girl! That giant feathered headdress really makes your eyes pop!
3. You could have samba-ed your way into the middle of this crowd.
We have a feeling getting lost in this crowd would be paradise! #NoRegrets
4. You could have seen this man and been terrified forever.
5. And then seen this man and never have slept ever again.
Absolutely this would have haunted our nightmares forever.
6. This gal might have been your soul mate. You'll never know now!
7. And this gal may have the voice of our generation. You'll never hear it!
8. This woman looks like she probably has some interesting stories to tell.
She won't be telling them to you.
9. This lady was probably a better twerker than Miley Cyrus, but who's to say?
10. And now where are you going to wear that bedazzled thong you bought?!
That bedazzled thong you bought is not business casual.
Moral of the story: Next year go to Carnival. Book your ticket now, actually.