The journey from fall runway to the Academy Awards is a rapid one. As the collections march on, stylists manically place reserves on dresses for their A-list clients and as the big day draws closer. Sometimes even leaving the fashion show, garment bag in hand, with a frock right off a model's back! Moments like this are what make up the behind-the-scenes battle for the best dressed on the Oscars' red carpet.
And while I don't know the exact gowns that have been shipped straight off the runway, I do have a good feeling these few trends we'll be popping up on Sunday.
1. Scarlet Lady: Red on the red carpet? Absolutely! It's a fact that the vivid color gets hearts racing, blood pumping and screams confidence. And what star wouldn't want to have that effect? Am I right, Sandra Bullock? And with fall's dreamy silhouettes the color is intriguing not predictable or God forbid, unchaste! (From left Prabal Gurung, Versace, Oscar de la Renta, Marchesa, Zac Posen)
2. Black Magic: A Black gown can often be boring but this year's fall flock of black netted, sheer, embellished looks are anything but. Gauzy panels, lace on lace, tulle and chiffon layers. Not witchy, simply black magic. Angelina Jolie, we're talking to you. (From left Marchesa, Erdem, Dior Couture, Valentino Couture, Marchesa)
3. Grecian Goddess, Circa 2014: Grecian draping took a well-earned, much-needed break on the runway over the last few seasons. And now it's back and thankfully more modern than ever. Think less toga more wit–woo cutouts and thigh-high slits. Lupita Nyong'o would look divine in any of these and be sure to fill some column inches. (From left Elie Saab Couture, Marchesa, J Mendel, Atelier Versace, Parbal Gurung)
4. Sheer Adornment: How these dresses do not fall to pieces is a fashion miracle! The embellishments weigh hundreds of pounds and rest upon an ethereal sheer fabric. Take your pick from this heavenly bunch, Amy Adams. We know your stylist will gracefully deal with the knickers-on-show situation! (From left Chanel Couture, Elie Saab Couture, Armani Privé, Valentino Couture, Pucci)
5. Monumental Moments: No trend to see here people. Just drop dead gorgeous gowns that I pray hit Sunday's Oscar red carpet. Cate Blanchett, it's up to you. (From left Giambattista Valli, Prabal Gurung, Marchesa, Armani Privé, Oscar de la Renta)
Keep up with Zanna and #stylethebump on Twitter.