Are you ready to nail it?
Spring is just around the corner and that means brighter, warmer nail hues are on the way as well.
To prepare for the upcoming season and maintain a flawless manicure while you're at it, Sally Hansen Nail Ambassador Tracylee offered her tips on the top looks for spring, the nail shade that's all the rage and her must-have items to keep nails looking stunning.
Check out Tracylee's top tips!
1. Choose Nail Shades With a Warmer Hue for Spring: Tracylee predicts that Spring 2014 nail shades will take on warmer undertones instead of the traditional cooler undertones of fall and winter shades. "Warm peachy pastels will be strong for this season such as Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Cur-Tan Call," she said.
2. Don't Count out the Power of a Nude Nail: Nude nail tones are everywhere right now and they go with just about everything. For her top three nude nail polish picks, Tracylee suggests choosing Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure in Almost Almond for lighter skin tones. It goes from sheer to opaque in 1 to 3 coats.
For medium skin tones, she recommends Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Quick Sand, adding that it's "the perfect warm nude with just a hint of peach."
For dark skin tones , Tracylee says to go with Complete Salon Manicure in Mudslide. "[It's] one of my favorites," the nail guru said. "It's warm and chic."
3. Keep Your Nails Hydrated: "Sally Hansen Vitamin E Nail & Cuticle Oil is my secret," she continued. "Use it daily to instantly hydrate nails and cuticles, and condition any cuticle imperfections."
4. Don't Be Afraid of a Little Shimmer: What color is Tracylee rocking these days? "I'm currently wearing Sally Hansen Satin Glam in Crystalline," she told us. "It is a shimmery white metallic formula with a satin ribbon matte finish."
5. Keep These Manicure Must-Haves on Hand: Sally Hansen Callus & Foot Softener helps smooth out calluses and soften feet for showing off new spring sandals, Tracylee said. She also recommended using Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover, adding that it "really helps condition the dead skin around the nail plate for easy removal. Try it once and you will clearly see, it is the best on the market."
To accompany a killer mani-pedi, use Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs. "This is a must-have product on set with my clients, Tracylee continued. "It leaves legs bronzed and flawless. I use it on hands too."
Tracylee also said matte nail texture will be strong for spring, and recommends Sally Hansen Big Matte Top Coat. "Use it on the whole nail as an accent nail, or create a nail art look using the Matte finish over a pale shade for French tips, or over a favorite nail shade to create half-moons, stripes or polka dots," she said.
For a one-stop shop for nail art pens, striper paints and nail art kits, look no further than the whole Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art Collection. "There are kits with rhinestones, studs, glitter, bullion beads and a tool kit," Tracylee added. "They are fun and easy for the DIYer to create simple to complex designs."