David M. Benett/Getty Images
For the showing of his debut collection in 1997, Matthew Williamson styled the likes of Jade Jagger, Kate Moss and Helena Christensen, who all strutted down the catwalk rocking his designs.
Since then, the British fashion guru has become the go-to designer for some of the biggest names in the UK, as well as Hollywood's A-list, who covet his creative prints and bold, poppy colors.
When it comes to his take on style, Williamson told Vogue, "My design philosophy is to make women feel like peacocks."
"My collections have always been more about an attitude and an idea. I am drawn to a certain insouciant but down-to-earth spirit and that often comes through in my designs," he continued.
Check out the 5 things to know about Matthew Williamson before he shows his latest collection Sunday!
Antonio de Moraes Barros Filho/WireImage
1. He caters to fashion-loving recessionistas: In 2009, Williamson collaborated with H&M to launch a budget-friendly line of Boho-chic pieces designed to take the "city girl from morning through to evening with tailored pieces," according to his site. He went on to team up with Macy's in 2011 to launch another affordable line—this time for Impulse, which again featured his signature dynamic prints and structured silhouettes.
2. He left a major label to fully focus his own: After graduating from Central Saint Martin's College of Art and Design, Williamson later took over as creative director at Emilio Pucci in 2005, while continuing to design for his own label. In 2008, he left the fashion house to focus completely on his own brand…and it paid off. The label now earns 9.5 million annually, according to New York Magazine.
3. He knows how to celebrate: To celebrate his label's 10th year anniversary in 2007, William returned to London Fashion Week for an anniversary show that included a performance by Prince. For his 15th anniversary, the renowned designer made a short film in association with Swarovski called XV, which starred Sienna Miller and Poppy Delevingne.
Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images
4. He's one of Gwyneth Paltrow's secret besties: At a Conde Nast College of Fashion and Design lecture, Williamson opened up about his lengthy friendship with the Oscar winner, saying, "Gwyneth and I were actually having dinner last week and we were talking about how we've been friends for sixteen years, and no one even really knows because she's never worn any of my designs," according to the UK's Telegraph.
Fashion snub aside, the duo has collaborated in other ways, including co-hosting a dinner for charity Kids Company last November to raise money for needy children in London.
5. He's racked up numerous accolades: Williamson won Elle's 2004 Designer of the Year, the 2008 British Fashion Awards' Red Carpet Designer of the Year, and the 2005 Moet and Chandon Fashion Tribute Award.