There's only one more day until Valentine's Day!
When it comes to relationships, one of the keys to success is spending quality time with your mate.
With Feb. 14 right around the corner, there's no better time than now to explore different ways to do that, whether its identifying your mutual interests or trying something new together.
Sit down with your sweetie and figure out a game plan for carving out time, keeping in mind that quality can outweigh quantity when it comes to spending time together.
To celebrate Valentine's Day, Nick and Vanessa Lachey, who tied the knot in July 2011, came together to create a series of love-themed Treat cards, for example, which reflect their personalities in a fun and romantic way.
The cards are fully customizable as well, for folks who need a last-minute way to make their Valentines swoon.
"Valentine's Day means many things to different people," Nick and Vanessa said. "One thing is for sure, everyone enjoys hearing ‘I love you'. We express our affection for each other often with love and a touch of humor, especially on Valentine's Day. Our new Treat cards help you express how you feel with a personal touch."
Check out the couples' five tips for spicing things up this Valentine's Day!
1. Leave the kids at home: If you have children, hire a sitter, get "glammed up" and head to a new and unexpected destination, like a live theatre performance or a cool exhibition at a local museum.
2. Have a romantic morning in: Cook breakfast together and enjoy it in bed.
3. Book a romantic getaway: Go watch the sunset, order room service and enjoy a movie. Be sure to place the ‘Do Not Disturb' sign on your door and sleep in the next morning.
4. Indulge in a couples massage: Take some time to relax together at a spa, or save a few bucks by giving each other massages at home. The couple advises fans to fill their rooms with scented candles and use edible aromatherapy oils.
5. Listen to live music together: Check out a jazz band at a local spot, or head to an intimate concert at a nearby vineyard or restaurant.