Unfortunately, last year's Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show winner, Banana Joe, was not on hand to crown this year's winner of Best in Show, beauty queen-style. Because that would have been super adorable.
Instead, regular old people named Sky, a 5-year-old wire fox terrier, as Best in Show. And here are eight reasons why she was the perfect pick:
1. First of all, because look at that face! That's a nice puppy face!
2. Look at that walk! So majestic! So regal!
3. Look at that strut! So sassy! So fierce!
(For the record, Sky's handler Gabriel Rangel says that "she's a princess dog." So it's safe to say she's a DIIIVA. But he also says, "Her personality is she loves to kiss people and she connects with everybody," so the good kind of diva. Like a Beyoncé. Sky is the Beyoncé of the Westminster Kennel Club.)
4. The "It" Factor! Look at all that "It" factor!
"She has the 'It' factor," Best in Show Judge Betty Regina Leininger confirms.
5. Because she put up with this BS with class.
It's worth noting that the other dogs in contention—a bloodhound named Nathan, Classy the Miniature Pinscher, Allie the Standard Poodle, Coco the Cardigan Welsh Corgi, Riley the Irish Water Spaniel and Matisse the Portuguese Water Dog—showed similar levels of poise and restraint mostly in so much as none of them bit this lady who kept poking them. Well done, all. So composed, Coco. So classy, Classy.
6. Because Sky is a gracious winner.
7. Mostly because she could not be less interested in your ribbons.
This is the 100th or so time Sky has won Best in Show. No big deal.
8. And because apparently Sky can talk? Um, yes, a talking dog is Best in Show.
"She just said, 'Pick me,'" Leininger explained. Sorry all you stupid dogs who can't talk! Better luck next year! Pick up a copy of Rosetta Stone® and learn a little human talk!
Sky was apparently not the fan favorite. The audience was nuts for Nathan (the NY Times notes the audience "liked, but clearly did not adore" Sky). Though if we were pressed to pick a dog who was robbed, we'd pick this dog with the majestic weave.
Whip your hair back and forth, whip your hair back and forth.