The LEGO Movie assembled quite a large crowd of moviegoers this weekend.
The action-animated flick that features everyone's favorite interlocking blocks, as well as the voices of Will Arnett, Elizabeth Banks, Will Ferrell and Will Forte, earned a massive $69.1 million its opening weekend. The Warner Bros. feature also grossed an impressive $17.14 million on Friday.
George Clooney's WW II biography-drama The Monuments Men was the No.2 movie, making $22.7 million in its debut weekend.
Ride Along, which held strong as the No.1 movie for three straight weekends, dropped to the No.3 spot with $9.39 million. It also crossed the $100 million mark.
Frozen, in its eleventh weekend in theaters, took home $6.91 million and nabbed the No.4 slot. That Awkward Moment rounded out the top 5 with $5.54 million.
The Vampire Academy, the third new film in theaters this weekend, made $4.1 million and landed at No.7.
Here's a complete rundown of the weekend estimates, per Box Office Mojo:
1. The LEGO Movie: $69.1 million
2. The Monuments Men: $22.7 million
3. Ride Along: $9.39 million
4. Frozen: $6.91 million
5. That Awkward Moment: $5.54 million
6. Lone Survivor: $5.29 million
7. Vampire Academy: $4.1 million
8. The Nut Job: $3.8 million
9. Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit: $3.6 million
10. Labor Day: $3.23 million