Kanye West is in the clear.
E! News has learned that the Los Angeles District Attorney has declined to prosecute or pursue charges against the rapper following an alleged assault incident in Beverly Hills earlier this month.
We were told last week that this outcome was a possibilty after the alleged assault victim failed to appear at a followup interview with authorities. Criminal defense attorney Troy Slaten (who is not directly involved with the case) told E! News at the time that authorities usually want victims to come in after the incident so they can explain the extent of the injuries, show results of any medical exams and/or treatments to compile the most complete and accurate report to the District Attorney.
However, Slaten added that, "If they don't have a cooperative victim, the case is harder to prosecute. If you have no victim, it would most likely get dismissed."
Police responded to a 911 call on Jan. 13 after Yeezy confronted a teen who was reportedly screaming racial slurs at his fiancée Kim Kardashian while the E! star was arriving to a design appointment.
"Kim and Kanye were meeting for an appointment today," a source told E! News at the time of the incident. "Kim arrived later than Kanye. En route into the building Kim saw a young man yelling racial slurs at the paparazzi. Kim told him he shouldn't use racial slurs and he turned on her and verbally assaulted her."
The source said that the young man verbally attacked the Keeping Up With the Kardashians star, telling her to "shut the f--k up" before continuing to use the N-word while aiming his insults at Kim. "The two ended up in a stairwell where the man was in her face and continued to verbally assault her," the insider added. "She was genuinely scared."
Kanye, who was already present at the building, called Kim and overheard the teen yelling at her, so he "came running down...he confronted the guy," according to the source.
—Reporting by Claudia Rosenbaum