Maggie Smith must have just found out what a weekend was, because she spent her Saturday not at the 2014 SAG Awards accepting her trophy for Best Actress in a Drama Series. She was probably out gallivanting and/or creating a brouhaha. Maggie Smith is known for that, you know.
Smith and her work as Dowager Countess of Grantham on Downton Abbey beat out drama heavy hitters like Claire Danes, Kerry Washington, Jessica Lange and Anna Gunn. And like we said, she wasn't there to take home the award (Mindy Kaling and James Marsden accepted on her behalf), so we'd like to take this time to imagine how she would have handled the SAG Awards, using (who else?) Dowager Countess:
1. The red carpet arrival. Werk, werk, werk. You look damn good! Anything you want to say to all those haters?
3. Red carpet interviews: "Not to ring my own bell, but look how awesome I am!"
4. As she heads inside the theater, she overhears Matthew McConaughey talking about Neptune and space and boats and love and...what?
5. Breaking Bad beating out Dowton Abbey for Best Ensemble in a Drama Series?
6. She waits for her category to be announced.
7. And waits.
8. Her category is finally announced!
9. And the Actor goes to...Maggie Smith/Dowager Countess! She wins!
10. I won? I beat out all those incredible actresses? I have to make a speech?
11. After some backstage press, she sneaks off to call her loved ones. And then her publicist.
12. And now it's time to party! And we all know the party don't start till she walks in...
Congrats, Maggie! Keep doin' what you're doin'.