Celeb-adored fashion designer Zuhair Murad has dressed a slew of A-listers for major red carpet awards shows, and because the Golden Globes are just around the corner, we asked him to take a trip down fashion memory lane to reminisce about some of his fave looks he sent down the red carpet.
Can you tell we're pretty antsy for this Sunday's Golden Globes? If you can't wait either, then tide yourself over with these stunning looks from awards shows past.
1. Jennifer Lopez at the 2013 Golden Globe Awards: "This was the keystone look of my Spring 2013 collection, and Jennifer looked absolutely radiant, as always," says Zuhair. "The fragility of the lace paired with her hourglass figure created an almost ethereal silhouette that is soft, yet provocative."
2. Sofía Vergara at the 2012 Emmys: "There's nothing like the moment when the dress finds its muse—and that was Sofía in the teal gown from my Resort 2012 collection," the designer dishes. "I never saw a picture where she wasn't grinning from ear-to-ear. She was glowing the whole night!"
3. Kerry Washington at the 2011 Emmys: "For the Emmys Kerry chose a daring red look from my Fall 2011 Couture collection that truly exemplified everything she has become: glamorous, confident and a force to be reckoned with," says Zuhair.
4. Taylor Swift at the 2012 Grammys: "I want my pieces to evoke glamour and confidence the moment you feel the final zip," explains Zuhair. "When I saw Taylor at the 2012 Grammys in this dress, I witnessed a new woman before my eyes. Absolutely beautiful."
5. Catherine Zeta-Jones at the 2013 Oscars: "Catherine is a classic beauty, and my Spring 2013 Couture collection (which was inspired by the Gilded Age), was a perfect fit for her," dishes Zuhair. "The ornate bodice dissipates into a sheer tulle train as if she has risen from the fountains of Versailles."