While you suckers were watching Downton Abbey yesterday, the rest of us cool kids were watching the second episode of Sherlock's third season, also known as: the best episode of television since the beginning of media.
Yes, during "The Sign of Three" Sherlock (Benedict Cumberbatch) told Watson (Martin Freeman) many times that he loved him and cared about him. Sure, we got to see Sherlock pirouette, write a waltz for John and give a very moving and off best man's speech, but the real highlight of the episode involved Sherlock and Watson drunk and trying to solve a crime. And it was the best. thing. ever. Fan fiction writers couldn't make this stuff up. Well, they probably could but the Sherlock writers did just fine.
As an ode to the best scene from the best Sherlock episode ever, we present a recap of sorts. Or as we're calling it: "How to Get Drunk and Solve Crimes, By BBC's Sherlock":
2. Get into bar fight.
3. Pass out snuggled up next to partner.
4. Play mind games. Ask partner if you are a pretty lady.
5. Stop yourself from falling using your partner. He doesn't mind.
6. Get new client. Say catch phrase.
7. Deduce crime scene.
8. Investigate crime scene. Protect the integrity of it. Vomit on said crime scene.
9. Get arrested.
10. Solve crime later during best man speech. But no one cares because you said the most wonderful things about Watson and we are all exploding with feels.
Also, Sherlock director Colm McCarthy said on Twitter that there was so much more footage of drunk Sherlock and drunk Watson, but it had to be cut for time. This is the very reason why they make DVD extras!