It's officially 2014, people. And that means that we can't use the "but it's the holidays!" excuse as we dive into that second (or, um, third) slice of pumpkin pie. It's finally time to brush the caramel popcorn crumbs off our shirt, pry the remote control from our hands and get to the gym, stat.
So to help give you some motivation to start exercising and working off those fruit cake pounds, we've come up with the most celeb-loved fitness fads that are here to stay in 2014.
Fitness fads can be impossible to keep track of. When something gets popular, another new fitness craze takes over and becomes the hot new trend. But, we've rounded up the fitness fads that have staying power for the new year and that the celebs plan on using in 2014.
So what made our list? Between aerial yoga and trampoline workouts, expect to see a lot of up-in-the-air fitness in 2014. And our roundup isn't just strictly fitness classes—we've also included some celeb-loved diet trends like the 22Days Challenge that recent vegan-converts Jay-Z and Beyoncé took on at the beginning of December.
So, keep reading to see all the hottest ways to work out in 2014 and get inspired.
Stuart C. Wilson/Getty Images
1. Aerial Fitness: Exercising used to be something you did on the ground…but now it's all about being suspended from their air. Aerial fitness classes have been taking off for a while now, and they will still be a huge trend for 2014—specifically aerial yoga, like AntiGravity Fitness, which is loved by celebs like Gwyneth Paltrow and has been used on tour by Mariah Carey, Britney Spears and Pink.
Cirque School is another aerial fitness program that strengthens the core and increases flexibility by using professional circus performer's routines. Reese Witherspoon is a fan of Cirque School, and it's these types of up-in-the-air fitness routines that will only gain momentum in 2014.
Jason Merritt/Getty Images for Boohoo
2. Trampoline Workouts: If you thought trampolines were just a kid thing, you're wrong. Trampoline workouts are becoming less of a novelty and more of a real, intense way to exercise, especially indoor trampoline parks like Sky Zone. The facility offers a SkyRobics class, which combines calisthenics, strength building aerobics and core exercises. Celebs like Julianne Hough love to get in a good workout at Sky Zone, tumbling and somersaulting through the air.
PatrickMcMullan.com via AP Images
3. Flywheel: Yes, we've all heard of Flywheel, and this indoor cycling experience has been gaining momentum for a while now, but it's not going anywhere in 2014. This is still one of the biggest fitness fads loved by celebrities like Jessica Alba, Sofia Vergara, Emmy Rossum and Katrina Bowden. When celebs want a uniquely intense workout they turn to Flywheel again and again, and they love the combination of the weights, the energizing playlists and encouraging instructors.
Instagram, Larry Busacca/Getty Images for Parkwood Entertainment
4. The 22-Day Vegan Challenge: Sure, going vegan isn't anything new or novel. But the idea of doing a vegan crash course, like The 22 Days Challenge that Jay-Z and Beyoncé started at the beginning of December became a huge trend at the end of 2013 and will definitely continue on into the new year.
The vegan challenge was developed by exercise physiologist Marco Borges, and the whole idea is that it takes 21 days to make or break a habit. Once you've reached the 22nd day, you've had a breakthrough. Bey and Jay-Z have been inspiring others to take the vegan journey with them by posting delicious pics of all-vegan meals like macaroni and cheese, Portobello mushrooms and grilled corn on the cob on Instagram.
5. DIY Juicing: Instead of pre-packaged juices, celebs have been doing things the old-fashioned way recently and relying on blenders to make juices and smoothies right in their own kitchen. Celebs like Miranda Kerr, Gwyneth Paltrow, Nicole Richie and Oprah Winfrey love at-home juicing because it's the freshest way to get a morning juice fix.
Miranda swears by her luxe Vitamix Total Nutrition Health Care Centre to blend her favorite smoothies. Get ready for 2014 to be all about DIY juicing instead of buying fancy bottled juices at the store.
Paul A. Hebert/Invision/AP
6. Barre Workouts: Ballet-based workouts are huge with the celebrity set, and they'll continue to be a major way the stars stay fit and sculpt their body in 2014. Jessica Alba loves Flybarre, brought to you by the good people of Flywheel, which is a full body workout that is specifically designed to sculpt, lengthen and tone.
Another celeb-loved barre workout is The Booty Barre, with fans like Zooey Deschanel and Natalie Portman. This fitness method was developed by celebrity fitness expert Tracey Mallett, and celebs love the combination of dance, Pilates and yoga.