So far, Miley Cyrus is approaching her 21st birthday in true singular fashion—spending most of the preceding year very scantily clad, giving her tongue lots of breathing room and, most recently, bleaching her eyebrows.
But what should she actually do to celebrate her milestone birthday on Nov. 23? Legally buying some booze, proudly flashing her valid ID at a 21-and-over club or heading to Vegas is so...normal.
A source has told E! News that Miley's party is going to be Sunday, either at Beacher's Madhouse at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, where she already hangs out a lot, or at her home—where the Madhouse will be brought to her, courtesy of her good pal, nightlife impresario Jeff Beacher himself.
Let's take a look at what some of Miley's fellow celebs who preceded her into the 21 club have done to mark their big days and see how they stack up to just a regular night in the life of this year's most talked about 20-year-old:
• Before she was immortalizing the exploits of a 22-year-old in song, Taylor Swift had to be 21. She planned a Christsmas-birthday hybrid bash, but spent her actual birthday with a couple of close girlfriends who dropped in on her with pizza and party hats.
• Kristen Stewart was feted with a big cake at the wrap party for Breaking Dawn—which of course she at first refused, not wanting to be the center of attention, but the cast and crew insisted she let them make it at least a little bit about her.
• Selena Gomez had a house party with friends including Ashley Benson, yummy food, hats and Instagram—and then the celebration continued that weekend with Justin Bieber, Nina Dobrev, Julianne Hough, belly dancers, fortune tellers, Moroccan cuisine and more at Revolve Beach House in Malibu.
• Fellow Beacher babe Hayden Panettierecame of age with help from entertainers straight from the Madhouse. David Arquette (a former partner in the venture) hosted Hayden's bash in Ann Arbor, Mich., four years ago, complete with fireworks and Oompa-Loompas.
• Demi Lovato, who noted just the other day that she skipped her twerking phase and went straight to rehab, spent her 21st in Africa working with Free the Children. So let's call that one of the higher-in-a-good-way and mightier ways to celebrate.
• Soulja Boy reportedly dropped $55 million on a private jet ($35 million base, $20 million to gussy it up), which makes no sense. His signature dance wasn't that big a deal, was it?
• Lindsay Lohan had been arrested twice for substance-related offenses and been to rehab three times before she turned 21, so July 2, 2007, was rather uneventful.