Close
BRAND NEW ON E!
  • News/ 

    Real Housewives' Teresa and Joe Giudice Plead Not Guilty to New Fraud Charges

    Joe Giudice, Teresa Giudice Kena Betancur/Getty Images

    Well, that was quick!

    Real Housewives of New Jersey stars Teresa and Joe Giudice both attended an arraignment at a federal court in Newark, New Jersey, that lasted all of two minutes on Wednesday, Nov. 20.

    The husband and wife duo pleaded not guilty to the two new charges—loan application fraud and bank fraud—that they were hit with earlier this week. Both charges each carry maximum penalties of 30 years in prison and a $1 million fine.

    On Monday, Nov. 18, the federal government added these latest charges onto the previous 39-count indictment filed against the couple in July. That same month, the Giudices pleaded not guilty to those initial charges as well.

    PHOTOS: Celebrity court appearances

    "She looks forward to defending herself at the trial, scheduled for Feb. 24, 2014," Teresa's lawyer, Henry Klingeman, said in a statement on Monday. "Beyond that, we will answer all of the charges in court, not out."

    At the same time, Joe's attorney, Miles Feinstein, told reporters, "Our position is that it's really piling on."

    Meanwhile, a source told E! News on Tuesday that Teresa's legal woes have yet to have an impact on her shooting schedule.

    "Producers from the show were at her house yesterday," said the source. "They discussed potential story lines. Everything seems to be moving forward."

    (E! and Bravo are both part of the NBCUniversal family.)

    PHOTOS: Real Housewives of New Jersey OMG moments

    RELATED VIDEOS:

    FROM AROUND THE WEB
    MORE ON EONLINE

    What Drama?

    Miranda poses topless in wake of Justin-Orlando feud