Obviously, the Voice coach and Maroon 5 frontman is attractive, and it's hard not to be envious of his fiancée Behati Prinsloo. But he's also funny (see: his "'70s porn" style underwear shot) and seems like a generally good dude (Blake Shelton's judgment is paramount).
And while the 34-year-old musician is an excellent choice for this year's Sexiest Man Alive, he's not the only man worthy of this title! Here are 10 other hot, sexy men who fit the bill.
Important note: This list excludes previous winners, including George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Hugh Jackman, Johnny Depp, Bradley Cooper, Channing Tatum, Matthew McConaughey, Ryan Reynolds and Ben Affleck. Spread the love.
1. Ryan Gosling: Hey girl(s) and guys at People, have y'all hanging out with Allie Calhoun's parents or something? The Gos should've nabbed up this title when The Notebook came out in 2004—and then every year after that. He's handsome, he's humble, he's talented—he keeps the streets of New York City safe! And while Ryan, 33, might romance movie stars and models IRL (looking at you, Eva Mendes), he's more than happy to be the collective boyfriend to every girl. We're all birds, OK?
2. Jamie Dornan: Oh my, it's Christian Grey in the flesh! When Fifty Shades of Grey comes out on Feb. 15, 2015, we'll be seeing a lot more of this 31-year-old Irish hunk. Until then, though, sit down, grab a glass of white wine, and let your Inner Goddess rejoice with these sexy S&M-style shots from Jamie's days as an underwear model.
Michael Buckner/Getty Images
3. Matt Bomer: This real-life Disney prince was a fan favorite to play Mr. Grey, but—Crap! Double crap!—you can't always get what you want. The 36-year-old actor won't be dominating Dakota Johnson onscreen (we'll leave that to Jamie), but he's not opposed to stripping down. Magic Mike, anyone?
Kevin Winter/Getty Images
4. Chris Hemworth and Liam Hemsworth: No one should have to Sophie's Choice it between these two beautiful brothers. If anything, the world should send a collective thank you note to Mr. and Mrs. Hemsworth. Anyhow, the gorgeous Thor star, 30, is married with a baby, but Miley Cyrus' ex, 23, is single! Ladies, may the odds be ever in your favor.
Jason Kempin/Getty Images
5. Michael B. Jordan: Those of us in the know fell in love with MBJ during his 2009 to 2011 run on Friday Night Lights. The 26-year-old actor stole even more hearts right around the same time playing Haddie's love interest on Parenthood. Then in 2013, Michael's gifts really came to light (and have already gotten some Oscar buzz) when he played a shooting victim in Fruitvale Station. Really though, clear eyes, full hearts, this man can't lose!
H & M
6. David Beckham: "Goldenballs" hasn't been named Sexiest Man Alive yet? How is that even possible? Rumor has it, the man is up for knighthood! He's 38 years young, a father of four, husband to Victoria Beckham and shows no signs of slowing down. The honorary and honorable Sir Becks needs this accolade, too!
Chris Jackson/Getty Images
7. Prince Harry: This 29-year-old redheaded royal has been a godsend to gingers everywhere, let's just be honest about that one. He's got a hot bod, cheeky sense of humor and perhaps the coolest girlfriend ever (a.k.a. Cressida Bonas). He was born with a prince title, but he has earned the title of Sexiest Man Alive!
8. Scott Eastwood: What a tall, handsome drink of water this one was. Clint Eastwoods 27-year-old son flew mostly under the radar until his glorious spread in Town & Country's September issue. And in his own words, he wants "to be a man's man—not a kid actor or a glitzy pop star but a no-bulls--t leading man." Done and done.
9. Henry Cavill: He. Is. Superman. But the 30-year-old Man of Steel star is more than just a hunky action hero—he's a hot, humble dog lover and (self-described) former fat kid. Everyone knows dog people are the best people, and isn't it kinda nice to think even Clark Kent had an awkward era?
Courtesy: Alberto E. Rodriguez/WireImage
10. Tom Hiddleston: If cuteness could kill, this man would end us all. This ridiculously charming 32-year-old Brit holds his own as Loki against Chris Hemsworth in Thor, but Liam's big brother has yet to sing karaoke like this. Tom is also a ginger, which in and of itself is kind of adorable.
Who do you think deserved the be People's 2013 Sexiest Man Alive?! Tell us in the comments!
(Originally published Nov. 14, 2013, at 2:25 p.m. PT)