The cast of Fifty Shades of Grey is finally coming together.
On the heels of Jamie Dornan's casting as titular character Christian Grey, comes the news that Victor Rasuk has been cast as Jose, the other leading man in Anastasia Steele's life (played by the lovely Dakota Johnson) in the highly-anticipated film adaptation of E.L. James' erotic novel.
Rasuk will portray the aspiring photographer and Steele's close friend from college whose relationship with the pretty blonde causes a rise of jealousy from her billionaire bad-boy beau.
So who's the sexy stud who's set to star as Dornan's onscreen romance rival? Here are five things to know about Victor Rasuk:
1. He Reportedly Dated Nikki Reed: The 29-year-old hunk purportedly dated Reed from 2004 to 2006 after the twosome met on the set of Lords of Dogtown. Reports claim the pair lived together but ultimately called it quits after two years of dating. Reed went on to star in Twilight, which was also directed by Lords of Dogtown director Catherine Hardwicke. And, ironically enough, Fifty Shades is derived from Twilight fan-fiction. Small world!
2. He's a Pretty Private Guy: Despite Rasuk having been in the business for years, the Hollywood hunk has yet to jump on the social media train. He doesn't have an official Instagram account (what a shame, considering he's mighty fine to look at!) and he doesn't have an official Twitter page, either. We already know that author E.L. James and producer Dana Brunetti like to keep up with fans on Twitter, so perhaps the rest of the Fifty Shades cast should up their social media game (looking at you, too, Dakota Johnson!).
3. He's Already a TV and Movie Star: While the dark-haired hottie may not be a certified A-lister, he already has a slew of acting credits to boost. In addition to the 2005 flick Lords of Dogtown, he's also starred in HBO's How to Make It In America, as well as Raising Victor Vargas and the Steven Soderbergh-directed Che. He most recently appeared in Jobs and will next be seen in Godzilla, which hits theaters in May 2014.
4. He Hasn't Always Lived an A-List Life: While speaking with GQ magazine in 2011, the sexy star revealed that he hasn't always lived a glamorous life, and, like the hustler he played in How to Make It In America, revealed the worst job he's ever had while he worked hard to bring his early acting ambitions to fruition. "I used to haul paintings at an art gallery," he confessed. "They were really amazing paintings but also really heavy because they had really heavy frames. I had to do that one summer." Hey, at least the heavy lifting probably beefed up his biceps!
5. But He's Still a Humble Dude: Although Rasuk has continually found success over the course of his career, he still hasn't lost his appetite for work—and, in fact, he seems more inspired than ever to pour his heart into projects he's proud of. "I still get nervous. I've been in this business for around 10 years now, and you get jaded a little bit, but there are always those projects that you really care about," he said while doing promotion for the second season of the HBO show. "How to Make It is one of them, and obviously Raising Victor Vargas was another. I don't throw up anymore but I still get the jitters, and I'm starting to really feel it for Season Two now that I'm doing press for it. I like the feeling of getting nervous because it lets me know that I'm not jaded."
Here's hoping Fifty Shades has the same effect.
(E! and Universal Pictures are both part of the NBCUniversal family.)