And guess what—this Northern Irish model-turned-actor is absolutely perfect for the part, and not just because we could stare at his beautiful features and chiseled body all night (but that does have a lot to do with it).
It turns out Dornan, who will be getting extra racy in the adaptation of E.L. James' erotic novel opposite Dakota Johnson, has a lot in common with the fictional character.
Don't believe us? Just take a look at the photographic evidence...
1. Christian Grey is tall, slim yet muscular and broad-shouldered with dark copper-colored hair and "smoldering" gray eyes. Anastasia Steele says, "He is not merely good looking—he is the epitome of male beauty, breathtaking."
There's your proof.
2. Christian Grey is mysterious. So is Jamie Dornan, because how much do you know about the guy? Not much! That's mysterious, people.
3. Christian Grey knows how to suit up. Jamie Dornan looks great in suits.
4. Christian Grey can get a woman in the mood with just a look. And Jamie Dornan, well, see below. Done.
5. Christian Grey has a dark side. Jamie Dornan did dark—and beyond—in The Fall, in which he played a understanding couple's therapist and gentle father who just happens to be a sexually weird killer. [Shudder]
6. Christian Grey is passionate. Anyone who witnessed Dornan's kissing technique on Once Upon a Time can tell the guy knows passion.
7. Christian Grey is a fan of S&M. Jamie Dornan, from this photo shoot set-up, looks like he's not gonna have a problem portraying this stuff for the role.
8. Christian Grey's naked body is drool-worthy. Oh, look at Jamie Dornan's body. And whaddaya know? We're drooling.
(Warning: The following is our super NSFW linked portion. You're welcome.)
10. Dornan might—fingers crossed!—have to do a full-frontal for the film. Luckily, he's not afraid to show off the family jewels.
Convinced? Do you see Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey? Sound off in the comments!