Kanye West's proposal to Kim Kardashian was big time—a 50-piece orchestra, a 15-carat Lorraine Schwartz diamond ring and "PLEEEASE MARRY MEEE!!!" flashing across the Jumbotron!
Like, sorry dolls and dudes, that one's gonna be hard to top. But Yeezy isn't the only man (or woman) who's gone all-out when it came time to pop the question.
Hollywood knows a thing or two about putting on a grand, flashy show, and these 7 couples had engagements that could rival possibly share a page with yesterday's Kimye proposal. Let us begin.
1. Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey: Everyone knows Mariah is essentially a real-life Disney princess, so her future hubby made sure to give her the fairy-tale proposal she dreamed of. In 2008, after a quick and very quiet courtship, the Wild 'n Out host proposed with a 17-carat diamond hidden inside a candy ring-pop. "They've been calling me Cinderella since I first started out," Mariah later told Elle. "Most people would think, Okay, please! This doesn't happen in real life."
But it so does—at least when you're Mariah! Nick even followed up the initial engagement a few days later. "He sort of kidnapped me and took me on a helicopter ride," she gushed. "Then he re-proposed."
These two have been happily married for five years and are the proud parents of 2-year-old twins Moroccan and Monroe (otherwise known as Dem Babies).
AP Photo/Michael Brannigan
2. Chad Michael Murray and Sophia Bush: In 2005, Chad proposed to his One Tree Hill costar while filming a movie in Australia. He decked out a tennis court with 500 candles and 20 bouquets of roses—and the whole thing was documented for an MTV special promoting his latest movie House of Wax. Sophia said yes, the pair said "I do," and then five months later, they split. Not quite a Cinderella story.
Courtesy: Giuliana Rancic
3. Bill and Giuliana Rancic: In December 2006, Bill asked the E! News host to marry him while on a helicopter ride over Chicago. "I thought we were going to see Christmas lights, which he had been dying to do for a long time, so I was looking [down at the city] and then I turned around and he was on bended knee proposing," G told iVillage. "We went from there to his condo; candles were lit, and there was dessert. It was amazing—rose petals everywhere!"
The pair said "I do" Sept. 1, 2007 on the island of Capri, and have been happily married ever since. They're also the proud parents to 1-year-old baby Duke.
4. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes: Oh, TomKat! Those were the days, huh? On June 17, 2005, a very excited Tom popped the question to Katie atop the Eiffel Tower. "Yes, I proposed to her. It was early this morning at the Eiffel Tower, so I haven't slept at all," he said at a press event. "Today is a magnificent day for me; I'm engaged to a magnificent woman."
They welcomed daughter Suri in April 2006, and married seven months later in a Scientology ceremony. Sadly, however, in 2012 the pair announced they were divorcing, but they amicably co-parent their now 7-year-old little girl.
5. Seal and Heidi Klum: In 2004, Seal flew his supermodel love to the top of the Canadian Rockies to get down on one knee. "He had an igloo built there," she told Marie Claire magazine, "and they'd brought up everything: a bed with sheets inside the igloo, rose petals everywhere, candles. Very, very romantic!"
The pair, who have three children together (and together raised Klum's eldest daughter from an earlier relationship), announced their split in 2012 after nearly seven years of marriage.
Jason Merritt/Getty Images
6. Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard: This supercute couple first got engaged in late 2009, but they held off on tying the knot to stand in solidarity with their gay friends who were unable to do so. In March of 2013, the duo welcomed daughter Lincoln Bell Shepard. Flash forward to June 2013, and Kristen re-proposed to her baby daddy after the Supreme Court struck down California's Defense of Marriage Act that previously prevented gay couples from getting married. In a very low-key manner, little Lincoln's parents said "I do" sometime in October 2013.
7. Pink and Carey Hart: Who says guys get to have all the fun? In June 2005, Pink proposed to her motocross star hubby midway through his race! When he failed to stop for her first "Will you marry me" sign, she held up another that asked again, adding, "Seriously!" He said yes, and the pair wed in January 2006. The pair separated briefly in 2008 but later reconciled. They welcomed daughter Willow in June 2011.
Inspired yet? If you've found the Kanye to your Kim but haven't sealed the deal just yet, get on that! Go HAM.
For the complete story on Kim & Kanye's engagement, tune into E! News on Tuesday at 7 p.m. & 11:30 p.m.
PHOTOS: Kim & Kanye's romance rewind