No one can imagine what Adrian Peterson is going through, but many have reached out to send thoughts and prayers his way following the death of his 2-year-old son today.
"#unfathomableheartbreak Rest In Heaven little guy... wishing courage and condolences to @AdrianPeterson and family," tweeted Holly Robinson Peete, whose husband Rodney Peete is a former NFL player.
Peterson's son, whose name is being withheld by authorities, died of injuries he suffered in an alleged assault. A 27-year-old man who had been dating the boy's mother had been charged with aggravated assaulted and battery of an infant and could face additional charges.
"Sick world we live in.. Prayers for Adrian Peterson and family #RipKid," tweeted the Memphis Grizzlies' Quincy Pondexter.
Here's a sampling of the support that poured in for Peterson, who also took to Twitter to thank his fans, family and teammates for their kind words:
• LeBron James: "My deepest condolences goes out to Adrian Peterson and his family! Sending prayers up for you homie! Nothing I can say can help u through.."
• Josh Groban: "My heart goes out to Adrian Peterson today. A man who is no stranger to tragedy."
• Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi: "My Prayers to Adrian Peterson and his family ...as a parent I couldn't imagine, god bless you and your family."
• Atlanta Falcons' Steven Jackson: "Lifting @AdrianPeterson up in prayer on the passing of his precious child. Heaven's newest angel. Thinking of you and your family."
• Oakland Raiders: "The Raiders send their thoughts and prayers to Adrian Peterson and his family."
• San Francisco Giants' Brandon Crawford: "Wow, I cannot even imagine. Thoughts and prayers go out to @AdrianPeterson and his family."
• Atlanta Falcons' Roddy White: "My prayers go out to @AdrianPeterson and his family"
• Harry Shum Jr.: "Thoughts go out to Adrian Peterson and his family. WTF is wrong with people? How could someone beat a defenseless 2 yr old like that?!?"
• Chicago Bulls' Carlos Boozer: "Prayers go out to @AdrianPeterson and his family! What a cruel world we live in! Truly unbelievable! #GodBless"
• Pittsburgh Steelers' Jonathan Dwyer: "Praying for you big bro"
• Kevin Durant: "Man this is crazy man, prayers up to Adrian Peterson and his family"
• Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians: "My thoughts and prayers are with @AdrianPeterson and his family"
• Shane Victorino: "Why??? An innocent child and a senseless act of violence. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family @AdrianPeterson"
• Houston Texans' Andre Johnson: "My heart goes out to @AdrianPeterson and his family. Praying for you bro."
• New Orleans Saints: "From the entire Saints organization, our thoughts and prayers are with @AdrianPeterson"
• Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Doug Martin: "Prayers of strength and peace go out to @adrianpeterson and his family."
• L.A. Clippers' Jamal Crawford: "Heart goes out to Adrian Peterson. Prayers for him and his family, can't even imagine..."
• San Diego Chargers: "Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, @AdrianPeterson."
• Duff Goldman: "Stay strong, @AdrianPeterson, I am so sorry for your loss."
• Atlanta Falcons: "The thoughts and prayers of the Atlanta Falcons organization are with @AdrianPeterson"
• New York Jets: "Our deepest condolences go out to Adrian Peterson, his family and all those affected by this tragic loss."
• Oakland Raiders' Terrelle Pryor: "Prayers to @AdrianPeterson !"
• Dallas Cowboys: "Our deepest condolences go out to @AdrianPeterson and his family from the entire Dallas Cowboys organization."
• Kevin Zegers: "Thoughts and prayers to AP and his family. Awful. @AdrianPeterson"
• Dwight Gooden: "My prayers & condolences 2 @AdrianPeterson & his family. Stay strong through these hard times. Everyone keep AP & his son in your prayers"
• Minnesota Timberwolves' Kevin Love: "Thoughts and prayers go out to @AdrianPeterson and his family during this tragic time."