Cressida Bonas is living the dream.
It's impossible not to feel a tiny bit jealous of Cressy (or Cress, as her friends also call her) for landing the formerly oh-so-eligible bachelor. But since we can't all be princesses (officially), it's refreshing to see that Ms. Bonas seems to be a cool, down-to-earth girl.
So, without further ado, here are 10 things you didn't know about the woman who seems destined to be Prince Harry's wife.
1. She's the Blue-Blooded BFF of Princess Eugenie: Cressida has a lineage almost as impressive as the royal fam. Her mum, Lady Mary-Gaye Georgiana Lorna Curzon, is an heir to the very wealthy Curzon banking family, and her father, Jeffrey Bonas, is a successful Oxford-educated entrepreneur. As for lifelong best friend, Princess Eugenie? She was actually the one to make the introduction between Cressy and Harry in May 2012!
2. She's Athletic: According to Tatler, the future princess landed a sports scholarship to Prior Park College, a boarding school in Bath, before switching to Stowe, a co-ed boarding school in Buckingham. Cressida went on to study dance at Leeds University (which is coincidentally where Harry's ex Chelsy Davy went, though not at the same time). Now, however, tennis is reportedly her game of choice. We've also seen her hit the slopes (and cuddle!) with Prince Harry, so skiing's in her wheelhouse, too.
3: She Can Act: Cressida played Desdemona in a university production of Othello. One critic described her portrayal of the defiant character as having "a playful, almost childish confusion that convinced the audience she had not deserved the fate she was dealt," while another reviewer hailed her performance "particularly strong."
4. She Can Also Sing: Homegirl has many talents! When half-sister Isabella Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe married Sam Branson in May, Cressida serenaded the couple with a love song. "I was really nervous before performing and wanted to direct my singing at Bellie," she told HELLO! magazine, "but when I saw her burst into tears and bury her head under the table I suddenly had no-one to sing it to."
5. Her Half-Sis Had a (One-Sided) Royal Romance: The wedding won't be quite so uncomfortable now that both parties are happily married to other people, but Bellie (Cressy's half-sis mentioned above) reportedly had an unrequited crush on Prince William in his pre-Kate Middleton days.
6. She's Endearingly Awkward: Sure, she fits right in with the royals and already seems to have the social grace of a princess, but Cress still has her moments! When she's embarrassed, she reportedly exclaims, "Cringe de la cringe!" (Start saying it now.)
7. She Knows How to Party: Cressida will be great at popping champagne bottles and doing all those symbolic royal things, but her drink of choice? Rum! According to Tatler, she drinks it "straight up."
8. She Recycles: Just like a certain duchess we all love, Cressida has no qualms about wearing her favorite clothes on multiple occasions. She can roll in the designer gowns like the best of 'em, but her day-to-day wardrobe seems to be quite anti-Kate. In lieu of L.K. Bennett nude pumps, she's often spotted in sneakers. She'll even wear the occasional crop top and seems to be A-OK with casual.
9. She's Bringing Scrunchies Back: Somewhere Carrie Bradshaw just squealed, but the times they are a-changin'. Those glorious fabric hair-holders that went out of fashion 15 years ago will rise again if Cressida has anything to do with it! She's sported scrunchies of all sorts—black, gray, purple, velvet!—and if anyone can bring them back in vogue (non-ironically), it's her!
Clearly, (future) HRH Princess Cressida is marriage material.