Gravity ascended to the top of this weekend's box office.
The film, made for $100 million, broke the record for the top October opening, previously held by Paranormal Activity 3, which raked in $52.6 million in its debut.
Gravity also marked the biggest opening to date for Clooney and Bullock alike.
While Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 nabbed the second spot with $14.5 million in its second week, it appears not many people ran to the box office to see Runner Runner, which only pulled in $7.6 million and took the third spot.
Here's a complete look at the weekend's top movies, Friday-Sunday studio estimates and stats as compiled by Box Office Mojo:
1. Gravity: $55.6 million
2. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2: $14.5 million
3. Runner Runner: $7.6 million
4. Prisoners: $5.7 million
5. Rush: $4.4 million
6. Don Jon: $4.2 million
7. Baggage Claim: $4.1 million
8. Insidious Chapter 2: $3.9 million
9. Pulling Strings: $2.5 million
10. Enough Said: $2.2 million