Viewers and celebs alike had mixed reviews for the 65th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards.
The three-hour show was filled with impromptu dance numbers, celebrity memorial tributes and of course, plenty of gold trophies.
But opinions aside, there were a few key moments from Sunday night's show that really stuck out.
Let's take a look at some of the jaw-dropping events that took place during the ceremony, shall we?
1. And the Winner for Best Speech Goes To: The first award of the evening was handed out to none other than Nurse Jackie star Merritt Wever for her role as Zoey Barkow in the award-winning series. The actress kept her acceptance speech to a bare minimum, to say the least. She clutched the award and thanked everyone and then blurted, "I gotta go, bye!" And just like that, one of the most memorable and awkward speeches in awards show history happened. So early on in the evening, no less!
2. Bobby's Empire: Bobby Cannavale took home the award for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series for his work on Boardwalk Empire. And while he has won acclaim from critics for his performance, his victory seemed to be one of the many surprises of the evening. Another notable moment from Bobby's big win? When he called girlfriend Rose Byrne the "love of his life." Awww.
3. Will Beats Walt: In another shocking turn of events, fan favorite Bryan Cranston was robbed of winning the award for Best Actor in a Drama Series. The Breaking Bad star has taken home the honor in years past, but seeing considering it's the series' last season, it was a travesty that he didn't win. The Newsroom's Jeff Daniels took the award instead, leaving some very disappointed fans reeling from the decision.
4. All Hail the King of Comedy: He finally wins! The Colbert Report took home the Emmy for Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Series for the first time Sunday evening. Stephen Colbert's mega-successful show beat out Jon Stewart's yearly favorite (which has won 10 times in a row in the category) and garnered another another award during the ceremony. Looks like someone is taking the wind out of his channel-mate's sails.
5. Cheeky Chatter: Michael Douglas' Emmy acceptance speech had all the ingredients of a jaw-dropping success. The Behind the Candelabra actor made numerous double entendre jokes about his work with Matt Damon in the film—two hands anyone?! He also gave special shout-outs to his kids, "wife" Catherine Zeta-Jones (didn't they separate?), and his eldest son who is currently incarcerated. Douglas' gab session was more candid than a sit-down with Katie Couric and naughtier than just about anything that happened during the entire show!