Anthony Bourdain has spoken out, once again, about fellow celebrity chef Paula Deen.
Namely, about whether or not she can actually pull off a comeback in light of her recent N-word scandal.
"There's no question in my mind that there are people, a lot of people out there, who will pay to see Paula Deen," Bourdain told E! News at the 65th Annual Creative Arts Emmy Awards in Los Angeles on Sunday, Sept. 15. "She will always have an audience. I won't be in it, but she will have an audience."
As one may recall, Bourdain famously told TV Guide back in 2011 that he considered Deen "the worst, most dangerous person in America," who "revels in unholy connections with evil corporations" and is "proud of the fact that her food is f--king bad for you."
With regards to a possible comeback, Deen seemed to prove she might just be on her way to having one when she made a public appearance over the weekend in Texas at the Metro Cooking & Entertaining show in Houston. The 66-year-old was met with a 10-minute standing ovation that left her crying "tears of joy."
In August, a federal judge signed off on a deal to dismiss a discrimination lawsuit against Deen. The lawsuit was brought on by a former employee of Deen's, who claimed she was the victim of sexual harassment while working at a restaurant co-owned by Deen and her brother, Bubba Hiers. During a videotaped deposition, Deen admitted to having used the N-word in the past, which led to her getting dropped from numerous gigs.
"Look, it's not pretty. I'm hardly a fan. If anything, I'm a harsh critic," Bourdain said when asked if he felt Deen had been treated unfairly. "Frankly, it was ugly to see the same people who were enabling her, kissing her ass and hugging her the day before, tearing her to shreds in the street. I don't think anyone was covered in glory after this thing."