Haaave you met Ted?
Of course, you have! You wouldn't be reading this spoiler-filled article in anticipation of the final season of How I Met Your Mother if you weren't ready to see Ted's (Josh Radnor) meet the woman of his dreams. Over the past eight years, we've watched five friends create countless inside jokes, meet an array of wacky characters and become one of the most legendary casts to have ever graced our TV screens.
We just finished watching the very last season premiere of the CBS mega-hit and believe us when we tell you this episode is an hour-long rollercoaster ride of emotions. We laughed, we cried, we gasped and we fell head over heels for the Mother (Cristin Milioti). It's easy to see how Ted will too!
To celebrate the beginning of the end, we've gathered up nine spoilers from the season nine premiere that are guaranteed to make any true HIMYM fan squeal with delight and maybe shed a tear or two.
1. Lily (Alyson Hannigan) is the lucky lady who first meets the Mother! Their scenes together are absolutely amazing, despite the fact that Lily tries to bite her…
2. Prepare to meet Linus, the world's most magnificent bartender.
3. For once, there's no "Wait for it!" in between Barney's (Neil Patrick Harris) legen...dary declaration. When Robin (Cobie Smulders) questions him about it, Barney's swoon-worthy explanation will make every girl say, "Awwww!" Maybe even a few guys, too.
4. Did you know that long ago the Stinson Family was put under a very strange (yet completely hilarious!) curse? Prepare to travel back in time to 1807 to meet the Moscow descendants of our Stinson broskies (Yep! Wayne Brady is back!) to find out how and why it happened.
5. Ted gets a new princess-inspired nickname! Can you guess which special someone gives it to him?
7. When we first see all of our beloved characters, it's exactly 55 hours til the wedding. Plenty of time for a few tackles, some sonsabitches cookies, and a Barry Manilow version of the "Bang Bang Bangity Bang" song.
8. Flower girls? Check! Wedding dress? Check! Ring Bear? Check!! (Mind you, that's not a typo.)
9. You absolutely cannot miss the last three minutes of the premiere. We're serious! Get excited for a super special, we've-waited-nearly-nine-years-for-this type of moment. In a word: Perfection.
Watch the latest promo below, and tune in to the special one-hour season nine premiere of How I Met Your Mother on Monday. Sept. 23 at 8 pm.m on CBS!