My, what a fashionable summer it has been!
From crop tops to midi-skirts and all things black-and-white, Hollywood celebs took new spins on hot trends this season to match their own personal styles—and we loved seeing what they came up with.
Read on for our favorite trends of summer 2013:
1. Shorts Suits: Stars have stepped out in a cropped version of classic suits this summer, with Olivia Palermo and Shay Mitchell getting in on the flirty trend. Shay wore a bright turquoise-hued Naven shorts suit with a chartreuse blouse at a Paley Center event for Pretty Little Liars, while Olivia wore her Rochas get-up with Zara sandals and a statement necklace at a Rochas event.
2. Overalls: Denim overalls were a staple item in the '90s and now they're one of this summer's hottest trends: We love the way Rihanna rocks her denim dungarees—the singer was seen out with a cropped gray tank, sporty jacket and white pumps in London earlier this season. Ashley Madekwe wore a cute, printed version of the duds to a Topshop/Topman event.
3. Prints and Dots: This summer saw a continued celebrity penchant for mixed prints and polka-dots, but it was Kate Middleton (in a custom Jenny Packham frock for the debut of Prince George) who made the dot-print a must-have for the season. Fashion risk-takers Hailee Steinfeld and Diane Kruger also hit red carpets in mixed print ensembles.
4. Ankle-Strap Pumps: Hollywood's famous ladies were big on ankle-strap pumps this summer, and we can see why: The easy-to-wear style adds immediate sex appeal to any ensemble. Just ask Julianne Hough, Rachel Bilson and Solange Knowles.
5. Headscarves: Headscarves were so big this season, even guys got in on them (see: John Mayer, performing on NBC's The Today Show). Eva Mendes and Kourtney Kardashian updated the look with mini-turban styles worn to hold their hair back.
6. Minaudières: These little clutches are more like ornaments—and celebs love them! Kate Hudson carried a spiked Christian Louboutin style in London, while Mary-Louise Parker wore her gunmetal Lauren Merkin minaudière to the Red 2 premiere in Los Angeles. Jordana Brewster attended TNT's 25th Anniversary party in Beverly Hills wearing a simple black minaudière to match her barely-there sandals.
7. Black and White: One of our favorite trends of the season was also one of the most simple—black-and-white prints were seen on some major fashion heavy-hitters. Heidi Klum wore a checkered Tibi skirt and top outfit with yellow accessories on the streets of New York City, while Gwen Stefani followed suit with yellow-accented black-and-white pants. Paula Patton made heads turns on the red carpet in a slit-to-there Basil Soda gown (with matching two-tone pumps) at the 2 Guns premiere in New York.
8. Crop Tops and Sheer Panels: Let's just say it: 2013 is the year of the crop. This summer, particularly, saw stars finding new ways to mix and match their crop tops with other must-wear items. Olivia Wilde paired her cropped black blouse with a plaid midi and ankle-strap heels (three trends in one!), while Vanessa Hudgens opted for an all-white crop top and pants ensemble (the star continued her crop crusade through the summer). Rose Byrne showed midriff in a different way, wearing a dark floral Erdem dress with sheer panels at the I Give It a Year screening afterparty in NYC. Jennifer Lawrence showed out at a Comic Con event for The Hunger Games in San Diego, donning a black-and-white crop top and skirt ensemble.
9. Midi-Dresses: What more can be said about the ubiquitous midi? Our favorite celebs have stunned on the red carpet with this near tea-length silhouette, including Naya Rivera (in a lush, fuchsia Michael Kors dress) and Vera Farmiga (wearing Calvin Klein Collection). Kate Bosworth sported a sleeved version of the look, wearing a printed Proenza Schouler midi at a party for the design duo.
Which trend do you think is best of the season?