Summer is quickly coming to an end (nooooo!), and although we're sad to see the days of laying out by the pool and heading out to the beach become just another memory until next year, we at least got some great music out of it.
Whether these tracks have been out for a while—years, for some—they made their mark this season and will forever remind us of the fun we had during the summer months of 2013.
So sit back, relax and find yourself singing along to these catchy tunes that made our list for the best songs of summer.
1. "Blurred Lines," Robin Thicke featuring Pharrell and T.I.: This track had it's share of controversy, but no one could deny it's appeal—both from the melody and the pretty faces in the video.
2. "Treasure," Bruno Mars: This retro R&B anthem was different than the other songs played on the radio, but quickly became a tune you found yourself singing along to. Plus, it's always nice when Bruno makes the ladies feel special.
3. "Get Lucky," Daft Punk featuring Pharrell: The collaboration between these two artists proved to be a successful one. At one point in time, there wasn't a radio station that wasn't playing this hit.
4. "Summertime Sadness (Remix)," Lana Del Rey: Although the track was released over a year ago, the Cedric Gervais remix of the hit revamped the popular song and became a must-have on a summer playlist.
5. "Wake Me Up," Avicii featuring Aloe Blacc: The EDM DJ's latest wasn't what we were used to hearing from him, but it's new (and almost country-like vibe) proved that two totally opposite genres can come together and make sweet music.
6. "Clarity," Zedd featuring Foxes: This track became one of those songs you always heard in the car and rushed to Shazam because it was so catchy.
7. "Suit & Tie," Justin Timberlake featuring Jay Z & "Holy Grail," Jay Z featuring Justin Timberlake: This one's a twofer deal! It was clear that J.T. and Hov became the Kings of Summer. With both artists releasing new music and being featured on each other's tracks this summer, we were graced with a lot of great music.
8. "Power Trip," J. Cole featuring Miguel: Wait, so you're saying rappers get emotional, too?! Between the melody and the lyrics, this romantic track was a definite summer favorite.
9. "Problems," A$AP Rocky featuring Drake, Kendrick Lamar and 2 Chainz: Warning: The above video is explicit. The main hook of this hip-hop track became the go-to line for any hashtag, Instagram caption or Facebook status. And even if you didn't know any of the words, you knew that one line during Kendrick Lamar's verse and that was enough.
10. "We Can't Stop," Miley Cyrus: Whether you do, in fact, enjoy dancing around with giant (and kinda creepy, let's be honest) teddy bears or not, Miley's latest became a quick hit and one of the most talked-about tracks of the summer.
11. "Come & Get It," Selena Gomez: Push play on this song and practice those sexy moves in front of the mirror, girl.
12. "I Need Your Love," Calvin Harris featuring Ellie Goulding: This was a match made in music heaven. Between the incredible beat and Goulding's hypnotizing voice, this track was everything.
13. "The Way," Ariana Grande featuring Mac Miller: Get it, girl! Ariana Grande is new in the music scene but didn't waste any time making a name for herself. Aside from being gorgeous, the 20-year-old has vocals that remind us of Mariah Carey (yeah, she's that good).
14. "Mirrors," Justin Timberlake: Yes, J.T. is on here again. What do you expect?! His return to music was a force to be reckoned with, and this track was just more proof of that.
15. "Best Song Ever," One Direction: Did you really think we'd go through this list without one of the biggest (and cutest) boy bands being added to it? Plus, this single won Best Song of Summer at the 2013 VMAs, so obvs it's included.
16. "Applause," Lady Gaga: She's back! The pop star returned with a new single near the end of summer that got all of her little monsters excited.
17. "Roar," Katy Perry: Along with Gaga, Perry came out strong near the end of the season with new music. And we like.
18. "Safe and Sound," Capital Cities: This was another Shazam-worthy hit. Many may have found themselves singing along to this track without ever really knowing who sings it. You're welcome.
19. "Hold On (We're Going Home)," Drake: Oh, Drizzy. Let's be real—Selena Gomez isn't the only one who thinks Drake is nice to look at, but when he trades his rap card in for singing a sweet melody, we just melt! Releasing just a few weeks ago, this track instantly became a fan-favorite.