A lot has happened in the past few months, but the summer of 2013 really belongs to HRH Prince George.
The entire world—and Kate Middleton and Prince William, of course—had been counting down to his arrival for months. While he was still in the womb, British gamblers bet over £1 million in anticipation of his debut. (Not that money really impresses Georgie, though, considering he's already a billionaire.)
So in honor of the Prince of Cambridge's triumphant first few weeks, let's take a look at little George's top 13 moments—so far!
1. He Is Born: On July 22, 2013, at 4:24 p.m. local time, Kate Middleton gives birth to her and Prince William's first child in a private Lindo Wing suite at St. Mary's Hospital in London. He weighs in at 8 lbs 6 oz, and Kensington Palace releases a statement saying that mom and baby "are both doing well and will remain in hospital overnight."
2. His Arrival Is Announced in a Regal Way: OK, so the plan was for a royal press officer to hand over the prince's official birth decree, which would then be driven to Buckingham Palace by police escort and displayed on an easel in front of the Privy Purse door. That still ends up happening, but at the last minute, the palace sends out an electronic press release with the infant's gender and weight. This goes out before the anything goes up on the easel, but, of course, there's still an abundant amount of fanfare when the official certificate is unveiled.
3. He Meets His Granny and Grandpa Middleton: On Tuesday, July 23, Kate's parents , Carole and Michael Middleton, arrive at St. Mary's Hospital shortly after 1 p.m. local time to meet their 1-day-old grandson. When they leave shortly after 5 p.m. local time, Carole gushes that the Prince of Cambridge is "absolutely beautiful."
4. He Meets the Windsors: Shortly after the Middletons leave, Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, pay a visit to the future heir. Charles describes his first grandchild as "marvelous," adding that he and Camilla are "overjoyed" by his arrival.
5. He Makes His Grand Debut: Tuesday is a busy day for the Cambridge fam! After meeting both sets of grandparents, Kate and Wills introduce their bundle of joy to the world at 7:14 p.m. local time. The proud, smiling parents emerge on the closely-watched Lindo Wing steps—where Princess Diana and Prince Charles once introduced William and Harry—with their newborn son. William tells reporters the baby got "[Kate's] looks, thankfully," adding he "got way more hair than me, thank God!" We also learn from dad that the royal baby has "a good pair of lungs on him," and mom informs us that William has already changed the boy's diaper, or "nappy" as the Brits call it.
6. He Waves to the Crowd: The Prince of Cambridge catches on to the whole being-a-royal thing instantly. He delights well-wishers with a darling little wave, introducing himself to his future subjects.
7. He Takes His First Ride: After Wills carefully installs a car seat in the backseat of a shiny black Range Rover, the prince is carefully buckled in. Kate joins him in the backseat. Then, William himself gets behind the wheel, driving his family to Kensington Palace, where they spend their first night together outside of the hospital.
8. He Meets His Awesome Aunt and Uncle: That night, Auntie Pippa Middleton and her boyfriend Nico Jackson reportedly drop by the palace for a visit with the tiniest royal. Uncle Prince Harry also swings by to meet his nephew for the first time.
9. He Meets His Great-Granny, the Queen: The next morning, Wednesday, July 24, Queen Elizabeth II pops in for a visit with the Cambridges.
10. He Heads to Bucklebury: The same day, after one night in the hospital and one in the palace, Kate and William take their 2-day-old son to the Middletons' family home. Thanks to a joint effort between local police and the Royal Protection Squad, the seven-bedroom Georgian manor is heavily protected, with officers on foot and on horseback patrolling the perimeter of the estate.
11. Mum and Dad Announce His Name: Cue the trumpets, please—because mom and dad announce Wednesday that the future King of England's will be called George Alexander Louis.
12. His First Official Portrait Is Released: No professional photographer is needed to take this Prince George pic--Grandpa Middleton does just find behind the lens! G plays it cool, staying asleep for the shot while still looking utterly precious. (Take note, commoners.)
13. He Makes His Way to Anglesey: At some point before Monday, Aug. 26, Prince George leaves Bucklebury Manor for the island of Anglesey, where mom and dad called home when they were just a family of two. His mum is spotted at a local grocery store looking svelte just weeks after birth, letting us know she and G have left the nest.
But, Kate, Will, and Prince George will move into their official home in Apt. #1A of Kensington Palace in London this September. There, the prince will have an African-themed bedroom, and without a doubt, many, many exciting moments to come!