They say don't bite the hand that feeds you, but this is a whole new issue: Nicole Peate, a 25-year-old from England, dislocated her jaw after biting into a triple-layer burger.
The burger, called the "Kids in America Burger," is three patties, pretzels and candied bacon and offered at the Almost Famous restaurant in Liverpool.
"I didn't think I'd dislocated it," Peate confessed to BBC. "You don't expect it to happen eating a burger, but I tried to eat it with a knife and fork and couldn't. I couldn't open my mouth fully—it felt like I had cramp in my tongue, then I started to get an earache and a headache."
She continues, "The next morning, I felt really, really ill. The whole side of my head was hurting, then it started to feel like it was in my jaw and I knew I'd dislocated it."
Nicole went to the Royal Liverpool University Hospital, where she had her dislocated jaw reset.
Peate suffers from Ehlers-Danlos Sydnrome (EDS), which makes her joints prone to dislocating, though she tweeted it's "still no excuse" and her attempt to eat the burger was "a poor effort." (She also says, "aside from the odd dislocation it's mainly just good party tricks!"
On her "#criiiiinge"-worthy story going viral, Nicole, who is a social media manger, explained it "started as a press release for how well Liverpool Royal handled EDS - its got a bit out of hand!"
Surely as a social media manager I should be pleased to have gone viral?? #cringe? Nicola Peate (@NicPeate) August 20, 2013
"Haha I'm mortified but I can vouch that my 1 bite of burger was amazing. I'll be back!" she has since tweeted. "Maybe give me a week though for when I'm allowed to open my mouth wider than a 50 pence piece."
The BBC quotes advice from emergency department clinical director Kathryn Clark for Peate's next visit: "If food is too large, we would recommend cutting it into more manageable chunks".
Be careful out there, people.
And for the record, her fiancé, Neil, finished the first burger for her.