The 30-year-old has been cast to play Jenny, Charlie Sheen's character Charlie Harper's long-lost (and bisexual!) daughter on the upcoming 11th season of the hit CBS show.
On the heels of Angus T. Jones' departure from the opening credits (he's no longer a series regular), Tamblyn will be joining stars Ashton Kutcher and Jon Cryer for at least five episodes, centered around Jenny's move to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career and to reconnect with what's left of her family after Charlie's death.
Can't wait until the Sept. 26 premiere to see how Jenny's sexuality spices up the show? Here are five things to know about Two and a Half Men's new star Amber Tamblyn:
1. She's Besties With Blake Lively: Tamblyn and Blake costarred together in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, and they've kept close since the 2005 flick. Amber was one of Lively's few select friends invited to her top-secret Southern wedding when the former Gossip Girl star said "I do" to Ryan Reynolds. And when Tamblyn took her own trip down the aisle less than one month later, Mr. and Mrs. Reynolds were also present to support their pal.
2. She's a Veteran TV Star: Tamblyn is probably best known for her role as Emily Quatermaine on General Hospital, as well as her portrayal of Martha M. Masters on House. She also starred in CBS' Joan of Arcadia, for which she was nominated for an Emmy as well as a Golden Globe. In addition to her small screen credits, Amber is known for her work in films such as 127 Hours, Django Unchained and, of course, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.
3. She's a Newlywed: Tamblyn said "I do" to longtime love and Arrested Development star David Cross in October 2012. The brunette beauty opted for a nontraditional yellow wedding dress for her wedding in the woods, which took place in a clearing by a river. Amber even arrived by canoe and walked down the aisle barefoot with her father, West Side Story actor Russ Tamblyn. The happy couple, who dated for two years before taking the plunge, are still going strong today.
4. She's a Published Poet: Not only is Amber an accomplished actress, but she has also talented writer. Her first published poem "Kill Me So Much" appeared in The San Francisco Chronicle when she was just 12 years old, and she's since self-published two collections of poetry, art and photography titled Plenty of Ships and Of the Dawn.
5. She Doesn't Tweet, but Regularly Posts on Facebook: While Tamblyn may not be a full-blown social media star, she still loves to keep up with her fans. Her Twitter bio reads, "I only started this page to stop the imposters! Don't get your thumbs in a twist, I still hate charactering. But I do love you!" and she has yet to post a single tweet. But don't worry if you're dying to keep up with the new Two and a Half Men star! She often uploads Instagram shots to her official Facebook page to make up for her lack of tweeting, and she also posts on her blog to lets fans in on the latest.