WhoSay; Instagram; Derek Storm / Splash News
WhoSay; Instagram; Derek Storm / Splash News
It's quite common for celebrities to end up injuring themselves while shooting a scene for an upcoming project, but they can also really hurt themselves just by doing everyday tasks.
Case in point: Actress Kyra Sedgwick accidentally cutting off the tip of her finger while cooking some kale on Saturday—ouch! Luckily, hubby Kevin Bacon reassured fans that the former Closer star is doing just fine (although they still couldn't find her fingertip).
But Sedgwick is definitely not the first star to have this happen (and probably not the last).
Here are seven other unusual celeb injuries...
1. Jesse James: The former West Coast Choppers CEO suffered a similar injury to Sedgwick, when he accidentally cut off the tip of his pinky finger while working in his Austin, Texas, shop in May. The only difference is he didn't hold back when sharing the bloody picture of his hand (seriously, beware of a really gruesome photo).
"OOOpps, Bad day at the office," James captioned the snapshot. "Headed 2 Surgery in a few #PayUpSucker @ University Medical Center."
As if that wasn't enough, he then included a do-not-click-if-you-have-a-weak-stomach pic of his severed fingertip detached from his pinky nub, writing, "Doesn't look like this little dude's gonna make it, Nice know'n you little buddy."
2. Anderson Cooper: The CNN news anchor was just trying to do his job. "Temporarily blinded last week while on assignment," the 45-year-old posted on Instagram with a photo of a large white patch covering his right eye. "UV light bouncing off water. Much better now. Details today on #andersonlive."
He explained that the injury occurred while he spent several hours filming a segment for 60 Minutes in a coastal area of Portugal.
"I wake up in the middle of the night and it feels like my eyes are on fire," he said. "It turns out I have sunburned my eyeballs and I go blind. I went blind for 36 hours. I took this picture of me after I went to the hospital. I went to see a doctor."
Derek Storm / Splash News
3. Meryl Streep: The award-winning actress was another victim of a kitchen mishap.
Courtesy: Al Powers/Powers Imagery
4. Mark Salling: Are you ready for this one? The Glee star fractured his pelvis during a game of basketball in December 2011, but quickly let fans know it's no big deal and made a joke of it.
"Its not that bad, i can still walk and even run but sitting and getting up is excruciating. can i get some crylenol? or maybe some sadvil?" the 29-year-old actor quipped on Twitter.
He continued to write, "One of the pitfalls of being a basketball weekend warrior. And guess what i can do about it? NOTHING!"
Except laugh about it.
5. Jimmy Kimmel: The late-night TV host suffered from a black eye after getting attacked—by his own car door. To explain his injury in more detail, Kimmel shared a reenactment video of what happened to his audience during Jimmy Kimmel Live.
"I hit myself in the cheekbone with the corner of the door. But I got the quarters and put them in the meter and I walked back to the restaurant. My face hurt but I didn't realize I was bleeding," he said, and added that his cut required 11 stitches.
Then this happened: "And my eye keeps on getting blacker. My eye is so black right now Paula Deen apologized to it."
Oh yeah, he went there.
6. Hulk Hogan: Grossed out? We don't blame you. The 59-year-old took a trip to the emergency room in Tampa, Fla., back in May, after he severely burned his hand in a radiator accident.
"Just had a radiator explode on my hand, OUCH," he tweeted, attaching a twitpic of his scalded and blistered digits.
Hogan continued to give multiple updates through Twitter as he entered the hospital and began getting treatment, and then apologized for sharing the grisly photo. He tweeted: "I apologize for posting my burned hand photos, with all the feedback I now realize I really should take a moment before I make a decision."
Streeter Lecka/Getty Images
7. Kevin Ware: When it comes to gruesome, this one takes the cake. The NCAA basketball player suffered a truly horrifying leg injury during Louisville's Elite Eight game against Duke, when the young basketball guard came down on his leg horribly wrong after a play, causing his right tibia, or shinbone, to break through the skin in what's called an open or compound fracture.
He was immediately taken to an Indianapolis hospital and underwent a two-hour surgery, where his bone was reset and a rod was inserted into his tibia, and was walking on crutches the next day.